England V Tunisia

coolcat

22 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

So many people trying so hard to avoid football that they walk into a football related thread to talk about not wanting anything to do with football.

I hate and can't understand fishing, you all seem so weird and boring. I'm sure I saw a fishing thread though so I'm just off to have a good read and make comments in there 

:default_smiley-taunt014:

Sorry, thought this was a forum about the Norfolk Broads!

Just one of the reasons I dislike football, it insinuates itself into most aspects of life.

No offences intended, by the way.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Victoryv said:

Sorry, thought this was a forum about the Norfolk Broads!

Just one of the reasons I dislike football, it insinuates itself into most aspects of life.

No offences intended, by the way.

No offence taken victoryv, you would do well to offend me.

My post, tinged with my usual dose of sarcasm, wasn't aimed at you or anyone else in particular either.

However if someone hates football so much why not ignore a thread which completely makes it obvious that football related posts lie within :default_biggrin:

:default_beerchug:

Many of the threads including this one, have a title that does not tell you whether it's for fans of something or for those against it. This title just Says England verses Tunisia, it doesn't say for the discusion of the football match or for fans of the match or for those that hate football...

3 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Many of the threads including this one, have a title that does not tell you whether it's for fans of something or for those against it. This title just Says England verses Tunisia, it doesn't say for the discusion of the football match or for fans of the match or for those that hate football...

Alright then grumpy. I will happily step away before another thread descends into the dark depths... :default_biggrin:

Any thread can wander off topic, some faster than others, so not reading a thread because of its original topic can be short sighted to say the least.

I am far from a soccer fan, but might watch the later matches if we are still in it. anyway, be that as it may, If someone starts a thread on whatever subject in whichever forum, if I am a member I think I have the right of reply to the original post and to any that evolve from it.

This is a forum for broads lovers to discuss any subject, as I understand it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

Any thread can wander off topic, some faster than others, so not reading a thread because of its original topic can be short sighted to say the least.

I am far from a soccer fan, but might watch the later matches if we are still in it. anyway, be that as it may, If someone starts a thread on whatever subject in whichever forum, if I am a member I think I have the right of reply to the original post and to any that evolve from it.

This is a forum for broads lovers to discuss any subject, as I understand it!

That's got nothing to do with what I am saying.

Of course you can reply as a member if you choose to although as has been seen in a number of threads recently if sometimes people chose not to it would be a much better place :default_biggrin:

My point is if you hate something so much and choose to try and avoid it at all costs, why choose to go onto a forum and talk about the very thing you are trying to avoid. :default_rofl:

Anyway I said I was stepping away so now I shall. I'm off for a beer to watch the football :default_beerchug:

3 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

That's got nothing to do with what I am saying.

Of course you can reply as a member if you choose to although as has been seen in a number of threads recently if sometimes people chose not to it would be a much better place :default_biggrin:

My point is if you hate something so much and choose to try and avoid it at all costs, why choose to go onto a forum and talk about the very thing you are trying to avoid. :default_rofl:

Anyway I said I was stepping away so now I shall. I'm off for a beer to watch the football :default_beerchug:

Now I have no interest in what football your going to watch :default_rofl:but what beer are you going to be drinking :default_beerchug: You can see where my interest lies in this thread :default_winko:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

Now I have no interest in what football your going to watch :default_rofl:but what beer are you going to be drinking :default_beerchug: You can see where my interest lies in this thread :default_winko:

I would tell you but it might start an argument between everyone because (And whisper this quietly) it's lager :default_hiding:

Sorry all you beer drinkers (which I also like) but a pint of San Miguel in the sunshine and the football :default_hiding: after nights. 

Perfect :default_beerchug:

In fairness Jayfire, only the first point (wandering threads) was aimed in your general direction, though I accept that I might not have been clear about that.

My second point

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

and your reply

1 hour ago, Jayfire said:

I rather think we're in agreement.

Now, go and enjoy your bottled Eurofizz and the game.

7 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

In fairness Jayfire, only the first point (wandering threads) was aimed in your general direction, though I accept that I might not have been clear about that.

My second point

and your reply

I rather think we're in agreement.

Now, go and enjoy your bottled Eurofizz and the game.

Now you see I thought that MM knew a thing or three about beer!! How wrong can one be!

San Miguel beer is actually a pale pilsen, a Filipino pale lager produced by the San Miguel Brewery in 1890.it is the largest selling beer in the Philipines and Hong Kong. San Miguel Beer was introduced in Spain by San Miguel Brewery on 1946. OK it is Spanish owned and also a tad popular in Spain now, so can loosely be termed as Eurofizz :default_rofl:

19 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

Now you see I thought that MM knew a thing or three about beer!! How wrong can one be!

San Miguel beer is actually a pale pilsen, a Filipino pale lager produced by the San Miguel Brewery in 1890.it is the largest selling beer in the Philipines and Hong Kong. San Miguel Beer was introduced in Spain by San Miguel Brewery on 1946. OK it is Spanish owned and also a tad popular in Spain now, so can loosely be termed as Eurofizz :default_rofl:

Ahh something I touched on in one of my entertaining educational blogs during a world tour of lagers.

I like to think when I mentioned it, I made it a more interesting education involving photos, bubbles, a nice frothy head and more importantly me sitting drinking it, than you just made it :default_wink:

:default_biggrin:

6 hours ago, TheQ said:

I'm easy, I don't mind who posts what so long as we can all be nice with each other :default_biggrin:

6 hours ago, Jayfire said:

I would tell you but it might start an argument between everyone because (And whisper this quietly) it's lager :default_hiding:

Sorry all you beer drinkers (which I also like) but a pint of San Miguel in the sunshine and the football :default_hiding: after nights. 

Perfect :default_beerchug:

Don't drink to much of it,they said on the news there's a shortage of co2.Which may affect beer, tonic for gin and food.