Is Betty1 Due An Apology?

vanessan

I find it extremely sad that a topic raised by a fairly new poster should be locked after only a few postings. I think I can see the reasons behind the decision but surely there was another way? A warning maybe to the offending party or parties. It seems a tad heavy-handed to lock a post without warning. My opinion of course but I don’t think it conveys a picture of a ‘friendly forum’. 

Having started to read the post, I wanted to add my congratulations to Betty1 which I will now do here. A nice looking boat. The Castle craft were always very recognisable with their blue hulls and it is nice to see them about now. There is always a reason for something not happening as you hope it will, in this case you have probably got a better deal all round - I certainly hope so. 

• Like 6

Yes I do personally think Betty1 deserves an apology. We have a fairly new member posting about the purchase of their new boat the least we can do is to say thanks for sharing it with us, not turning into a farce. I completely understand why it was locked, although no fault of Betty but good thinking on the part of the pesky Mods. I for one could see where it was heading

Congratulations on the purchase of your boat Betty, she looks a cracker. I hope you have loads of fun aboard her, keep us posted with loads of photos

That toe nail looks painful, got some lovely nail polish you can borrow to cover it up, a nice shade of pink :default_biggrin:

A very warm belated welcome to the forum from me :default_icon_wave:

Grace

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I agree wholeheartedly that Betty1 deserves an apology for the way the thread got hijacked and then locked.

I wonder if rather than locking a whole thread in situations such as this, would it not be better to sin bin individual members for a number of hours to let them cool off? Leaves the thread open to those that want to contribute on topic.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

I agree wholeheartedly that Betty1 deserves an apology for the way the thread got hijacked and then locked.

I wonder if rather than locking a whole thread in situations such as this, would it not be better to sin bin individual members for a number of hours to let them cool off? Leaves the thread open to those that want to contribute on topic.

Actually, that sounds a good method of dealing with things ECIPA, I will steal your idea and propose it to the other mods if i may.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Apologies to Betty1. The course taken was done quickly to ensure things did not get out of hand. The Team want the forum to be a friendly and safe atmosphere for all to enjoy. We implore all to respect this view, it is in the TOS and all have signed up to it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1