Week On Jewel Of Light

Sorry  for the delay. Was straight onto night shifts once back. 

Saturday

We moored at Salhouse Island on Friday night, my son had fun feeding the geese and we had a nice wake up call with a couple of ducks pecking at the window. Finally headed to Ranworth, got in easily they said they had had a quiet night there with only 5 boats. It soon filled up though with lots of day boats and plenty also using a mudweight, some fishing and then most of us had fun in the sailing dingy which we definitely made the most of this time. We had Chinese for dinner which has sort of become a Ranworth tradition, however think the closest one has maybe gone as I remember they used to deliver menus to the boats in the daytime  and we couldn't find a number that worked for them. Then out came the monopoly.

Sunday

We headed up the Ant today (saw an otter in Ranworth Dyke) and ended up going all the way to Dilham a 1st! Very beautiful though was only boat width at times with some people out in canoes that I managed not to squash! Very pretty up there, definitely somewhere we would visit again. On the way back down mud weighted in Barton Broad for my brother to do some more sailing. We then headed back to Woods ready for handover in the morning. A lovely final day to a fantastic holiday. We had perfect weather throughout.  First time of hiring with Herbert Woods and a very good experience we would definitely hire with them again. Boat was in a good condition suited us perfectly and the service was excellent. Saw lots of wildlife, though only 1 moorhen and no coots at all! It was great going for 10 nights (helped by the weather) as we didn't feel rushed to see everywhere. 

20180630_081608.jpg

20180630_104916.jpg

20180630_165901.jpg

20180701_112523.jpg

20180701_120330.jpg

20180701_120435.jpg

20180701_135208.jpg

20180701_145742.jpg

20180707_102928.jpg

20180701_172737.jpg

20180701_175242.jpg

IMG_20180702_193629_681.jpg

20180701_215828.jpg

20180701_215951.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Lovely photos and always good to get a recommendation for one of the hire yards. Never been with Herbert Woods myself which is for no reason other than finding the right boat at the right price. Maybe one day ...! I have been tempted to consider some of their self catering accommodation though.

6 hours ago, SwanR said:

Never been with Herbert Woods myself which is for no reason other than finding the right boat at the right price.

This is exactly what we look out for and this time round Woods offered the best value for 10 nights, was equivalent to a week on some of the other boats we had shortlisted.

• Like 1