Jabsco Toilet

Guest A Cooper

Guest A Cooper

My Jabsco toilet uses water from a tank on my cruiser and when I fill my water up the level of the water in the bowl comes to the top to keep the level where it should be I have to put less water on board and top up when needed . How do I fix this Please

THANKS

2 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

I have just realised what thread this is on. I hope you don't intend cooking in the toilet bowl?

There is a picture somewhere off me and a friend eating off a Jabsco toilet :default_icon_e_surprised: I would like to point out that the toilet in question was one of two brand new ones purchased from Norfolk Marine and had yet to be fitted. :default_biggrin:

Looking at the user name of the OP it would appear he hasn't hung around long enough to read the responses :facepalm:

2 hours ago, EastCoastIPA said:

Looking at the user name of the OP it would appear he hasn't hung around long enough to read the responses :facepalm:

Maybe he has seen your "jokes" and realised this wasn't a place for the sane.

13 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Exactly. Best to change the so - called "joker" valve as well.

Even better fit the joker valve from an RM69 toilet. Much more reliable although harder to find. The joker valve only has a single split across it, whereas the Jabsco one has a three way split and seems to leak far more easier. Part number 518 on following site,

Got my last two from a chandlers in Holland when visiting a friend.

https://www.rm69.nl/spareparts-marine-toilet/

13 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

On a manual pump Jabsco toilet to fit a choker valve or even a new pump is not a long job, usually less than 15 to 20 minutes and you just need a screwdriver.

Regards

Alan

I also prefer wearing the full CSI getup!!

Hi Just reroute the hose from the tank so that it goes up above the top of the tank and fit a non return valve in hose on the down side leading to tank ,you should have one of these fitted to stop water flowing from toilet back into the tank.John

First thing we changed John.

I can't think of a more wasteful use of valuable clean water on a boat with restricted supply than to flush down Urine and faeces with it. Doh !

Not to mention connecting, no matter how protected the clean water to the bowl of the bog which is also then connected to the black water.. Helooo. Eliminate the risk altogether, save money and save the valuable resource which is clean drinking water. Simples....

And before anyone asks no the river water does not smell the cabin out. It may have done in the 1970's but not today. Flushing the loo when crossing Breydon can also give a salty tang to the air ...LOL  Cheaper than air freshener......

• Like 3