First Time Out Of Lowestoft

We took our boat out of Lowestoft on Sunday for the first time,  We had an instructor (John) on board from East Coast Training with us to asses me for my RYA powerboat level 2, didn't do the two day course, I just had the assessment.

I have to say it was windy and the sea was a little lumpy and if we'd of just been by ourselves I think I would of  turned around fairly quickly, but we didn't and pressed on, I'm glad we did as it has boosted my confidence no end. I've been to sea a few times before but not for 15 years for various reasons. It has certainly wetted my appetite and can't wait to try a run to somewhere like Southwold next time.

I just thought I would post this in case anyone else has that itch to scratch, I've no connection to East Coast Motorboat Training just a happy customer.

Simon

• Like 6

We've been in Lowestoft all week and the sea certainly looked rough at times ... high tide looked very high to me and it was a case of avoiding getting wet as it splashed high over the sea wall yesterday.

• Like 1