Broadly Speaking ... Almost There :)

SwanR

4 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Just wanted to share with you that we went to Potter Heigham this morning as the weather is mild and sunny. Had to go into Latham’s and what did we find? Christmas in full swing including music. Ho ho ho! :facepalm::default_xmas6:

5CF695BE-D2DB-4242-BE02-B494F6C2C625.jpeg

316DE347-F518-486E-B06D-D9C21C5B6FF3.jpeg

C4FDB057-7A89-4252-A87C-B6D15034DC19.jpeg

Yes Christmas :default_xmas2::default_xmas3::default_xmas4::default_xmas5::default_xmas6::default_xmas2:

:default_icon_music::55c8f94983015_default_happyparty::default_icon_music:

841242994_characterpic-square-mrchristmas.jpg.4cba81684f3e849841114296d58e381a.jpg

Hope you are having a great day Jean

22 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Just wanted to share with you that we went to Potter Heigham this morning as the weather is mild and sunny. Had to go into Latham’s and what did we find? Christmas in full swing including music. Ho ho ho! :facepalm::default_xmas6:

5CF695BE-D2DB-4242-BE02-B494F6C2C625.jpeg

316DE347-F518-486E-B06D-D9C21C5B6FF3.jpeg

C4FDB057-7A89-4252-A87C-B6D15034DC19.jpeg

It was like that 3 weeks ago when I popped in! Try as I might, I could not get in the  :default_xmas3: mood just yet, too early for me. 

• Haha 1

I've been catching up on episodes from the recent 'Bake off, an extra slice' over the weekend and noticed that Asda's christmas advert has started up already (and it seems soooo long! yawn!).  Plus a very wierd Aldi one featuring a sort of cross between the scene with the lorry at the end of 'The Italian Job' and the Cola Christmas advert, but with a lorry driven by a carrot and containing a load of carrots.  What's that about, huh?  Bonkers or what!  I'm not likely to find out, as I normally avoid watching catch-up TV channels that involve adverts.

Helen

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, vanessan said:

It’s got me scratching my head too, maybe we need more of the :default_winko: stuff to appreciate or understand it!

Oh I couldn't agree more, the more you have of the :default_winko: stuff you wouldn't care less what the advert was about in the first place anyway :default_biggrin:

Grace

• Like 1

20 hours ago, YnysMon said:

I've been catching up on episodes from the recent 'Bake off, an extra slice' over the weekend and noticed that Asda's christmas advert has started up already (and it seems soooo long! yawn!).  Plus a very wierd Aldi one featuring a sort of cross between the scene with the lorry at the end of 'The Italian Job' and the Cola Christmas advert, but with a lorry driven by a carrot and containing a load of carrots.  What's that about, huh?  Bonkers or what!  I'm not likely to find out, as I normally avoid watching catch-up TV channels that involve adverts.

Helen

Hi Helen,

I would be surprised if Coke-Cola does not get that advert pulled!

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gracie said:

Loving this thread Jean and the pictures are stunning, keep them coming, have a lovely time

Helen, I've seen that advert and haven't a clue what it's about either, I'm glad it's not just me :facepalm:

Grace

Hi Grace,

The advert is by Aldi and features Kevin the Carrott. The advert is a cross between the Coke Cols advert and the Italian Job.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Yesterday HMS Tyne was anchored off the coast for a while. It was decommissioned in May but is now being paid for from a Brexit fund as part of a fishing fleet protection plan. Spotted a couple of RIBs going back out there late afternoon so don’t know what was going on there but interesting to observe.

Today we have stayed locally in Lowestoft. Went for a walk on the south side of town. The light was beautiful on the sea - not sure if it shows that well on this photo taken on my phone. Will write up this trip a little better once I can check what’s on my camera when we get home.

C72790D1-7A11-45FC-8B0D-09E0C1FD2BF2.jpeg

• Like 2

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 16:21, Gracie said:

Helen, I've seen that advert and haven't a clue what it's about either, I'm glad it's not just me :facepalm:

Grace

I had mixed feelings about the Aldi advert. I wanted Kevin The Carrot to fall off that cliff and end up in that ball of flames, when he survived I was gutted, such an annoying unlikeable carrot. But then that wonderful little child brought the joy back to Christmas for me, when he opened up the door and gave Kevin The Carrot the end he deserved. I laughed heartily at Kevin's cries of despair and bid fare well to Kevin over a fine slice of cake filled with his evil little friends.

(This post may have been submitted under the influence of carrot)

• 2 weeks later...

So here we are, November, and the caravan is now closed up until next March. The site remains open but the caravan gets very cold in-between visits. And if we don't get it drained down and sorted out, then we risk invalidating our insurance if we get frozen conditions, burst pipes, any damage etc. Plus our journeys from home would be in the dark now that we're into those late autumn and winter months. All in all, we're very happy to consider the season as March to early November and leave it at that. We'll probably go up for a day at some point next month just to check things over before Christmas.

To round off this season I have put together some more photos and short video clips. Avoiding copyright issues with the music can make it harder to find something I like and that I feel fits the atmosphere that I'm after ... putting these together is a new hobby for me now but it's all done on iMovie with music that I own to accompany the footage. You get to go along with my musical taste!!

Whilst we only got out on a day boat this year, we have got our old favourite Swan Reflection booked for four days in March and I'm already looking forward to that. Before then hopefully we will have the Nogs Delightful December Tale to follow. Not to mention any lucky syndicate owners who might yet have some time afloat this year ... yes Jay ... I'm waiting for your next write up already ... and the video!! ;)

My thanks to those who have been interested enough to read this topic and take a look at my videos ... here's the last one for 2018 then.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Lovely video as always Jean thank you for that.

I'll be sure to update my blog throughout December, I'll try not to let you down with a video or two, I look forward to your interaction as ever.

Take care :default_smile: