England V Panama

Brilliant result, well done lads. The Panamanians played much more fairly in the second half thank goodness, I was a bit worried we were going to suffer more unwarranted aggression and injuries. Bring on the Belgians although that will be an entirely different game of course. Keep calm and carry on England! :default_party0001:

• Like 4

nice result but not let's kid ourselves that it was anything more than an average performance. The goal we conceded was really poor and could be crucial as to who wins the group. 

Still, we are through the group stages, after recent tournaments that's not to be sniffed at. Well done to Gareth Southgate. I don't think he has a particularly strong squad to choose from. I said before the tournament started that the last sixteen was probably the best we could expect. Anything beyond that is a bonus. 

We're looking good, but the opposition has been fairly limited thus far. The games will get a lot harder from here on. I've been particularly impressed with Kieran Trippier and Jesse Lingard in the first two games. So far, so good...  :14_relaxed:

Enjoyed the wrestling, I mean football today. Like Jeff, I'm a little concerned as to how the team will perform against Belgium. Trippier and Lingard have been excellent...I just wish they'd included Shelvey in the squad! We seem to be good at set pieces!

• Like 2

Let’s not get carried away, I know we can only beat whoever is put in front of us, but at best Panama are a good division 2 side. I hope they give Southgate another 4 years to work with this talented squad , they have potential but have yet to play anyone decent. I think both England and Belgium will rest players on Thursday so we will not see how good we are until the knock out stages.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Well for what it's worth I think we have a good shot at getting to the final

Well done England and Gareth Southgate :default_trophy:

Grace

But youz a woman baby... :default_smiley-angelic002:

:default_icon_kiss:

6 minutes ago, Gracie said:

That maybe so but women are always right and don't forget it my gorgeous man

Not all women my angel, only you, who I would very happily kneel before :default_smiley-angelic002:

6 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Equality champion pfft ( I think that's how you say it anyway) :default_biggrin:

Hey, hey

If there is someone who promotes the equality between men and the weaker sex more than I, I will buy him a pint.

25 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Well you best buy Mr Nog a pint then, only if Mrs Nog allows it of course :default_norty:

Grace

xxx

I know I have had a half a shandy but does that make sense? :default_biggrin:

8 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

I know I have had a half a shandy but does that make sense? :default_biggrin:

43 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Not all women my angel, only you, who I would very happily kneel before :default_smiley-angelic002:

Hey, hey

If there is someone who promotes the equality between men and the weaker sex more than I, I will buy him a pint.

Luckily, you have given enough clues so we can contact your employers.  

22 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

I love when someone no-one knows interferes with an in joke between two friends don't you :default_biggrin:

No -  your so-called jokes aren't funny. If you want to have a private conversation, go ahead and find another platform to indulge in your fantasies,.  I have been a member of this forum for a lot longer than you

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kadensa said:

No -  your so-called jokes aren't funny. If you want to have a private conversation, go ahead and find another platform to indulge in your fantasies,.  I have been a member of this forum for a lot longer than you

I have been told my joke jokes aren't funny either, but it would be laborious to PM all of those to everybody. 

The fact you have been a member of the forum longer than I is a great honour to me, obviously everybody values your opinions in such high esteem.

I shall take on board your comments and consider them seriously, thank you for taking the time out of your very busy life to have taken such an interest in me.

Love to everyone  

2 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Well I think your jokes are funny :default_icon_kiss:

Grace

You do?

Maybe we should find another platform to have a private discussion and indulge in our fantasies :default_smiley-angelic002:

9 hours ago, Jayfire said:

I love when someone no-one knows interferes with an in joke between two friends don't you :default_biggrin:

Sadly "in jokes" between good friends can seem a tad confusing on a public board.

But then as I don't get jokes I never know if what has been writ is a joke or not.

Slowly backs towards door, so no one will notice, and hurriedly leaves. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smellyloo said:

Sadly "in jokes" between good friends can seem a tad confusing on a public board.

But then as I don't get jokes I never know if what has been writ is a joke or not.

Slowly backs towards door, so no one will notice, and hurriedly leaves. :)

No worries smelly :default_biggrin:

A top tip I can give you is that if I have written something, it's a joke.

Don't worry if you don't erupt in fits of laughter however, no one else seems to either for some reason, but don't worry I'll never give up trying:default_rofl:

22 hours ago, Gracie said:

Well for what it's worth I think we have a good shot at getting to the final

Well done England and Gareth Southgate :default_trophy:

Grace

Well I have to say that I doubt I ever agree with a female on football side of things, but I think that Gracie has changed from red wine to ale, so she has my vote.

• Haha 1