Great Yarmouth Industry Suffering

BrundallNavy

So sad, that the lack of investment on the infrastructure in East Anglia is causing so many problems just recently. Hopefully, the local MP's will make a noise in the right places and just maybe, the purse strings might be loosened. We can but hope... :32_expressionless:

1 minute ago, dnks34 said:

Its been on ITV anglia this evening also.  Mention was also given to “other” bridges I can only imagine referring to Somerleyton. 

It is not only Somerleyton it is also the lift bridge at Mutford lock that is still out of commission after an accident effecting the barriers.

This has virtually cut the Broads off from the the two port entries. 

By all accounts the  boats involved in the Belgium trip should have been back to their moorings today, needless to say that will not happen, they were effected on their out-wood journey because of Somerleyton Bridge, the convey was split up because of these delays at the bridge,  at the time they managed to get through Mutford Lock, until engineers have sorted out the repair to Mutford Bridge the only passage through here will be by lower craft.

Regards

Alan

you could almost understand a fault on one bridge, but in recent times its 4 bridges and more if you count the ones in norwich, I was always told once is unfortunate, twice is a coincidence, but 3 or more is just totally unacceptable. (or enemy action)

3 minutes ago, grendel said:

I thought I heard the barrier had been damaged, I suppose if there is no barrier the drivers will just drive over the edge

Lemmings.jpg

22 minutes ago, grendel said:

I thought I heard the barrier had been damaged, I suppose if there is no barrier the drivers will just drive over the edge

If thats the problem surely a man in a high viz with a flag or a works vehicle parked across the road could be a short term solution while they get it fixed.  If it was a railway barrier it would get done immediately.

What consequence to the bridge operating companies is there when they dont repair the crossings as a matter of the utmost priority........

If fines were imposed upon them after give a reasonable period of time for problems to be rectified they might learn how to work a bit faster.

• Like 2