Hi From R4h

R4H

Hi from a newbie in every sense of the word. In the process of buying a share in a syndicate. Some narrowboat time. New to cruising and new to the Broads. No doubt I'll have several questions in the future.

R4H

I saw an advert, Looked into it. Daughter and family live in Suffolk and we are often over there so it seemed an ideal new venture. Syndicate membership looked like a reasonable way ahead at not a great expense. Looking forward to it.

• Like 4

Joining Thunder syndicate at Horning.

Interested in any info on dogwalking. Narrowboating and dogwalking is easy with towpath alongside almost everywhere. Will also appreciate any advice on eating, drinking etc. I'm so easily pleased, Dog, food, drink , not necessarily in that order.

Hello R4H,

Welcome to the forum, you will find we have many members from the various syndicates on forum including the Thunder Syndicate.

I have been in the Ranworth Breeze syndicate since its launch in 2001 after many years of having canal holidays. Handling the boat after being on the canals is very different because of the wind and the tides and of course you are presented with a wheel rather than a tiller.

I assume that the Thunder Syndicate will have initiation training or ask you to attend a training course.

If you do have questions on boat-share/syndicates please feel free to contact me.

Regards

Alan

13 hours ago, R4H said:

Joining Thunder syndicate at Horning.

Interested in any info on dogwalking. Narrowboating and dogwalking is easy with towpath alongside almost everywhere. Will also appreciate any advice on eating, drinking etc. I'm so easily pleased, Dog, food, drink , not necessarily in that order.

There are some lovely walkies all across the Broads. Having two dogs, we have from necessity searched them out. There is now a track from St Benet’s to Ludham Bridge so possible to walk to The Dog Inn. Thus  you can combine all your favourite things! I am sure there will be a review of that pub somewhere. You can also walk from St Benet’s to Ludham village where there is another pub. I have mentioned those two walks as they are not too far from your base at Horning but there are loads. Well done on your syndicate purchase, I am sure you will find plenty to enjoy in this fabulous playground!