Booked With Barnes 25 Years On

Broads01

I'm excited about my first booking for 2019 - solo on Brinks Jazz 5 in May to coincide with the forum meet. It's my second ever booking with Barnes and, by a strange coincedence, I booked it 25 years to the day after my first holiday with them began. Has anyone else returned to a boatyard after a long gap? 

I'm expecting to enjoy Jazz. I was heavily influenced by Robin's review and I love the combination of super high helm position with all the advantages of a forward steer. 

• Like 5

If I could find a boat with the layout that we would want with Summercraft then I would go back to them. Hired once with them back in the 90s when we took our children on a boating holiday. Didn't come back to the Broads until 2012 but haven't had the chance to get back to this yard yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just had two holidays this year Amber Gem in May and San Remo in September after 30+ yrs away from the Broads. Can't go back to yards we originately went to they have all gone Broadsway. Hearts. Chumley and Hawke and not forgetting Denny Walklins beauties Firebronze and Firecrest. That said we are back now two booked next year San Remo 13-27 May and Ibiza 7-17 September

Edited by Seagypsy
Missed some words out
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We always used to book with Barnes. Used them for six or seven years in a row.

We then bought our own boat so had a break from hiring for ten years until last year when we decided to hire again out of season for a week. Barnes didn't have the type of boat we wanted to try so we booked with Richardsons and had a great week onboard Viscount.

We have booked again with Richardsons for next year. Looking forward to a week on Swan Ranger next October. But before that we have hired a boat in Belguim at Easter with Le Boat.

Sadly our last experience with Le Boat last month in Brittany wasn't quite what we expected with the boat not being to the standard we were accustomed too in the UK :default_blink:

15 hours ago, VetChugger said:

Hired "Judith" from Martham back in 1989 and have just booked "Juliette" for next June. Can't wait!

I do like the look of those wooden boats. Not sure that they would be the sort of thing that we would hire though. Don't think we are traditional enough for that.