Hunters Yard Womack Dyke

PastorsDayOff

Here I want to give my highest recommendation to all those, like myself, who like to navigate the Broads under sail. For ourselves we stumbled upon Hunters Yard more by accident than design, and even though we were not hiring, and therefore not under the shared agreements of the hire yards, simply because we were on a sailboat, the folk at the yard allowed us free use of their facilities (Toilets, Showers, Water, with an overnight pass code), and the agreement that when we come back this way, we can moor our boat in the yard overnight if we cannot find a mooring outside. 

We will definitely be coming back. 

B195C078-C83C-4465-95EA-D7F6BD89CEA5.jpeg

• Like 8

Hunters Yard staff are soooo friendly. We have hired various boats with Hunters Yard over the past four years for the first week of July (check out the ‘Holiday Tales’ section for accounts of our adventures).  It’s been really sad that we haven’t been able to book with them this year for various reasons (mainly to do with our eldest not getting his leave from work sorted, and the youngest abandoning the UK to go to the States for three months). 

As I have mentioned on another thread, we’re off to Anglesey instead. I’ll be posting on our time there on the ‘Week in Anglesey’ thread that I started in the ‘members out and about’ section, when we stayed in the same cottage in February.

Sorry about hijacking this thread...am slightly light-headed about having a fortnights holiday off work. Haven’t done that for a while!

• Like 2