Getting A Bit 'exclusive'...

Had a little look at the NBN forums earlier, just to keep in touch with what's been happening around the broads area. But was surprised to find that, five out of the 'top ten' posts, were for 'Full Members only'. Am I wrong to think, the NBN is looking just a little 'exclusive' at the moment?... :35_thinking:

Perhaps this is an example of how statistics can be made to prove what you like. The "top ten posts" as I understand it, are those that have gained the most likes in a day (or is a week?). As the most important subjects at the moment are in members only, it follows that the most significant (and well liked) posts will be found there.

I don't see anything sinister in that.

If you are highlighting the fact that the full members' area is only open to 10% of the forum membership, that is indeed, a matter for future discussion!

18 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

I don't see anything sinister in that.

If you are highlighting the fact that the full members' area is only open to 10% of the forum membership, that is indeed, a matter for future discussion!

I wasn't suggesting there was anything 'sinister' about it, merely that I hadn't seen the 'forum board' with so many posts, from which many of us are excluded.

I've only been a member for about three years and until recent early retirement, had neither the time nor the inclination to post very often. This one, is the only forum I belong to and to be honest, I haven't really got a clue how they work.

So really, my original comment was actually a question and not a criticism. I just wondered how these things (forums and their grades of membership) work and why some subjects are closed to some members... :14_relaxed:

I'm going to stick my head above the parapet here but I find that a lot of posts turn into discussions more suited to message programs rather than forum posts by members who know each other well and the whole topic spirals into friendly banter that has nothing to do with the topic.

This gives the feeling that you have wondered in to a friends discussion.

I remember a thread that turned into a discussion on shoes although fun it meant you had to wade through a page of nothing important that really could be messaged to each other.

And duck

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, grendel said:

in the members area there are discussion that would probably be better kept out of the public domain

...Well, that sounds rather intriguing. I have visions of the Norfolk Broads own episode of 'Spooks'. :6_smile:

2 minutes ago, Polly said:

50 sensible posts Mr Blue Sky is all you need to be a member.

'50 Sensible posts'... Oh well, that's my chances of promotion gone down the 'swanny' then... :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

I can almost hear the incoming size 10 shoe from Gracie! I would duck if I were you :default_rofl::default_scaredmouse::186_high_heel:

I'm a size 5 thank you very much :default_biggrin:

Shoes are very important especially ones with heels

Of course you have wondered into a friends discussion, most of us are friends surely

I don't think it's a bit exclusive at all, make 50 sensible posts (lord knows how some of us made it :default_norty:) and you're in. It's a very good system in my opinion, it gives us an opportunity to make sure we don't have any undesirables among us

Hmm on second thoughts maybe it doesn't work :default_biggrin:

Grace

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, kingfisher666 said:

'50 Sensible posts'... Oh well, that's my chances of promotion gone down the 'swanny' then... :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looks like you have slipped through the 50 posts net! C’mon someone, I think kingfisher666 may like to put his views forward for the new constitution thread.