Getting A Bit 'exclusive'...

Too be fair to Kingfisher666  I had that thought as well, half of the posts were for full members only. Very often (every day even) I have a look at the forum and don’t usually have to log on to see it and I can understand new readers and potential members feeling excluded. 
Perhaps the full members section should be separate from the general forum with a different log in method
Just a thought

51 minutes ago, vanessan said:

C’mon someone, I think kingfisher666 may like to put his views forward for the new constitution thread.

Funnily enough, I did try to click on to a couple of the 'full members' posts, 'Vanessan', because my profile says I am a 'full member'. But, apparently I'm not, as I can't get access to those rarefied posts...

Although... "I'm not sure I want to be a part of any club, that would have me as a member"... :6_smile:

9 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Good point, maybe he is one of the 90 odd heading to Beccles 

or he is tacking down river in his boat...

1 minute ago, kingfisher666 said:

Funnily enough, I did try to click on to a couple of the 'full members' posts, 'Vanessan', because my profile says I am a 'full member'. But, apparently I'm not, as I can't get access to those rarefied posts...

Though you have achieved full member under the 50 post rule - the full member noted above your picture is an automatic status assigned by the forum, after this you are considered for membership in the full members area, this process usually takes about a week. you have access to the full members area when the member underneath your picture changes to full member.

I believe in less than a week you have gone through the 50 post barrier up to 82 posts, so give it a few days and you may get a surprise.

The above is a common misconception that once the top status changes, you can access the members area, its the bottom one that needs to change, you will note that on mine one says moderator, while the other says tech team, this is down to my multiple roles on the forum team.

4 minutes ago, grendel said:

or he is tacking down river in his boat...

Though you have achieved full member under the 50 post rule - the full member noted above your picture is an automatic status assigned by the forum, after this you are considered for membership in the full members area, this process usually takes about a week. you have access to the full members area when the member underneath your picture changes to full member.

I believe in less than a week you have gone through the 50 post barrier up to 82 posts, so give it a few days and you may get a surprise.

The above is a common misconception that once the top status changes, you can access the members area, its the bottom one that needs to change, you will note that on mine one says moderator, while the other says tech team, this is down to my multiple roles on the forum team.

Many thanks, for that, Grendel. Now I know how it all works and don't have to wonder... :14_relaxed:

15 minutes ago, grendel said:

kingfisher666 - I think what grendel is trying to say is that you have waffled on so much in the last week that you may soon be able to access the true waffle area! :default_norty:

3 minutes ago, vanessan said:

kingfisher666 - I think what grendel is trying to say is that you have waffled on so much in the last week that you may soon be able to access the true waffle area! :default_norty:

And the jokes :default_biggrin:

13 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Yeah... I am prone to bouts of 'talking broken biscuits' occasionally. I blame it on living alone now, I tend to chew peoples ears off, given half a chance. No more verbal diarrhoea today though, as I'm just off out for walkies, with a friend and her dogs. Have a lovely evening... :14_relaxed: