Moonlight Shadow + Shares For Sale

Two shares in Moonlight Shadow, a six berth Aquafibre 38 based at Brundall are up for grabs.

Competitively priced at £3000 each.

More information and allocations available on request, through personal messenger.

SueH

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good news and bad news.

Good news for the partner with the £2k share mentioned above.  A forum member has bought it.  Congratulations both.

Bad news for us unfortunately.  Both ours are still up for sale.  Currently £3k each, which Martin thinks is a sensible request.  BCBM tell me that they had three enquiries about the very cheap share so they are trying to interest the other two people in ours.

Sue

On 13/08/2018 at 22:07, Broads01 said:

There's a share now available for £2000 according to the BCBM website http://www.bcbm.co.uk/boats/broads-cruisers.html . . . . . . . . . . .

No it's not . . . . . . . . . . It's mine!!

I realised that my lifelong ambition to own a boat of my own is never going to be fulfilled, so buying into syndicated ownership was the only way.

My plan was to wait a couple of months until we return from our holiday on Gainsborough Girl at the end of September and have a serious look then and had been in touch with SueH and arranged to meet her at Brundall on the way to Summercraft to view Moonlight Shadow.  However my wife, who is usually very cautious about spending money, found too many reasons not to wait, so a flurry of phone calls and emails between BCBM and me took place and yesterday morning saw us make the trip from Northampton to Brundall to see her.

It seemed too good an offer to turn down, so the deposit has been paid, I am in receipt of relevant paperwork from BCBM for signing and the share should be ours by the end of the month.

I would like to thank SueH for her offer of showing us over the boat and sincerely hope that now this apparent bargain share has been sold, she has success in finding purchasers for hers.

The wife and I are now looking forward to completing the deal and to our first time aboard.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

No it's not . . . . . . . . . . It's mine!!

Congratulations Mouldy and welcome. I'm sure you will be delighted with shadow, you won't regret it.

:default_smile:

Thanks folks!  It will seem strange I'm sure to leave Wroxham at the end of our holiday on 6th October, that we will no longer be hiring (or for the foreseeable future at least) and the next time we spend time on the Broads, will be on a boat that we own a share of.  

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Another update.  Good news.

After a surprise phone call from BCBM and a flurry of correspondence, we sold the first of our shares effective from 1st September.  

Our second share is still available.  Help us out folks.  Pass the word!

Sue

• Like 6

Hi Sue,

I wish we could take a share! My job currently blocks out so many weeks it’s just not practical to think of participating in a syndicate. I’ve not given up hoping that we can buy a share on a boat in the future though. Very much appreciated you and your husband giving us a tour around the boat when we met up at Norwich Yacht Station a couple of years back. Whetted our appetite for syndicate boating!  Looked like a very comfortable boat!

Helen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, SueH said:

2nd share sold.  Contract signed today with a completion date of 1st November.

Sue

So sorry to hear you`ve sold your shares Sue, we`ll never see you afloat again. Anyway, obviously, it`s the right thing for you to do, so i hope you will be happy in the future. 

5 hours ago, SueH said:

2nd share sold.  Contract signed today with a completion date of 1st November.

Sue

I'm sorry to see you leave us Sue, but thanks for all the assistance you have given since I took over our share.

Enjoy your new adventures wherever they may take you (and your current caravan holiday).

:default_icon_wave: