Dare To Dream?

Is it possible?  Is it coming home?  Could England actually do it for the first time since 'B.A' was built in '66?

After the performance just witnessed against Sweden where they really were magnificent in every department of the field and made Sweden look ordinary.    If England produce a performance like that again then they have nothing to fear against any team that is put in front of them.  If, and yes it is a big 'IF' England can make the final, that means I'll be onboard 'B.A' with my MrsG and Macie dog on Sunday 15th.   Just what better venue to be than afloat on our Broads and watching England win a world cup final.  Dare to dream?  You just couldn't make it up.

Three Lions on a shirt indeed

Griff

Garath Southgate.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

Very scrappy, brutal opposition at times, so the boys have done well. Something to build on for the future.

I get very nervous when they start passing back to the keeper though. There have been some quite glaring errors when they have done this and in the last couple of games the keeper has been stranded on occasion, with Walker pulled too far to the left and having to gallop back to cover both keeper and his own position. Two stars in all the games for me have been Lingard and Trippia, really run themselves ragged.

I've really enjoyed watching France and Belgium though!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Is it possible?  Is it coming home?  Could England actually do it for the first time since 'B.A' was built in '66?

Griff

Well it seems your dreams do come true, so get an early night and sleep well Mr Griffin. :683_bed::683_bed:

• Like 1

The question is: where is the best place to watch football on the Broads? I usually watch football in the Inngate in Beccles, a decent pub with decent beer but it is a bit of a trek from the river. Not sure about other places on the south side within easy reach of Somerleyton. We can't go far because we will be taking up for a good few days and don't want to push our luck. 

If all goes to plan we will be afloat (with the aid of plenty of luck and sawdust) early this week. That is if the new windows for BG arrive and get fitted, the boatyard have enough time to launch this week, and the usual variables that seem to cause delays. 

• Like 4

I've got England and France in the sweepstake at work for the top four .........winner winner chicken dinner :default_eusa_dance:

i will cross the boarder Griff ( Saddleworth moor permitting) and visit a Yorkshire pub for slap up meal on the strength of that info :default_biggrin:

finny

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

Should have guessed, says it all

Griff

BA NBN 434.jpg

Eric Dier - Owns a Yorkshire terrier.

Danny Welbeck - Ate a lot of Yorkshire puddings.

Jordan Henderson - Drinks Yorkshire tea for breakfast.

Dele Alli - ex plumber who preferred the Yorkshire fitting.

Marcus Rashford - Knows where Yorkshire is.

Jessie Lingard - can spell "Yorkshire"

Raheem Sterling - went on holiday to Yorkshire.

Ashley Young - Owns a lot of waterproof clothing.

Harry Kane - Can't speak properly.

No doubt Yorkshire has the world cup sewn up. Come on you Tykes.:default_trophy:

• Haha 4

We all enjoyed it whilst it lasted, and had an enjoyable first half where in all honesty the talented opposition never really turned up.

But a Croatia team a level above us were always in control from the start of the second half, there midfield predictively overpowered and controlled ours and come the final it is France's tournament to lose anyway. 

Let's be honest, we over achieved to get to this stage with a young side, but we can hold our heads up high in a football sense and look forward to an optimistic future under a likeable manager in Southgate and look towards a good European competition in 2020 with a more experienced young side backed up by numerous upcoming young players from our successful national youth sides.

Whilst we will undoubtedly be hyped up excessively by the media, I hope Southgate and co continue underplaying our national team rather than overplaying how good we may seem to be and allow our young players to just play football, we may never have had a better chance to at least get to the final of a tournament for a long time but laying expectations on our young side that are still developing as a national team will do no good whatsoever.

:default_trophy: