Comfy Helm Seat

smitch6

Bought a set of seats off flebay they look lovely, but blast are they uncomfortable ( well i think so the OH says they are ok)

Trouble is as the driver i am sitting constantly 

Anyone got any feedback on a comfy seat?

I can't afford these mega expensive ones, these were £100 for 2 so quite cheap.

We have car seats, very comfy. We did not fit them, they came with the boat but they are quite small and in their car incarnation have had the backs capable of tipping forward to allow back seat passengers out of a two door car. Since the boat spent much of its life on the French canals I suspect that they were fitted there and came form a small French car. Sorry the photo doesn't show them very clearly but you get the idea.

P1010761 crop.jpg

• Like 1

It's just a thought but if you google you can get all sorts of support cushions designed for car seats, they may be more effective than a standard cushion. I do know where you are coming from though, there is nothing as bad as an uncomfortable helm seat.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/07/2018 at 21:47, Paul said:

whats uncomfortable about them,could they be "modified". Failing that what about a seat pad?

That`s exactly what we do every time we use Lightning. The lower helm seat does not allow good visibility over the fwd cabin,  having to crane my neck to see what`s in front, so we put two large cushions on it.  It does mean my head is nearly touching the sliding hatch, but at least i can see more of what`s immediately in front of us, which is vital to see what`s in the water etc.