An Omen To The Future?

JennyMorgan

Was chatting to a friendly yard owner today and as usual one topic lead to another, not least Mel at Topsail Brokers, a well respected business and used by a number of local yards. Anyway, apparently 30 or so boats on her list is the norm at this time of the year, only that this year she has over 60 and many are Broads boats. Seemingly the biggest problem is the difficulty in obtaining moorings, especially at reasonable prices. Driving around the area recently and I was surprised to see so many boats out of the water. I wonder, is the bubble bursting? Looking at broker's list shows that there are some real deals out there, that is until you want to moor your pride and joy. Does this mean that the days of budget boating are numbered? By the way, it's worth searching out Topsail on the web!

I'm sure, should the need arise, a few more big holes will be quickly dug at Brundall, Burgh St. Peter or Horning and quickly filled with some very profitable floating white plastic... :10_wink:

This may be more down to lack of information than lack of moorings. There are many moorings available but finding them can be a problem especially if you are not local.

If I needed to find some quayhead to rent I would start right here on the forum. The knowledge within usually comes through.

• grendel changed the title to An Omen To The Future?
14 hours ago, kingfisher666 said:

I'm sure, should the need arise, a few more big holes will be quickly dug at Brundall, Burgh St. Peter or Horning and quickly filled with some very profitable floating white plastic... :10_wink:

That's great for folk who like such holes! Long dykes with nothing more fancy than a post or two are more in keeping with the Broads. Marinas and shopping malls, ghastly, soulless places, at least in my opinion.

• Like 1