• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• calender payment

Calendar Paymene

Delivery Options
    Your NBN Forum Username:

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Sign in to follow this  
Simondo

Thumbs Up For The BA

I was out in my boat for the first overnighter at the weekend and ended up mooring at Reedham. Having secured my ropes the BA operative stationed there came along and asked if everything was OK which I replied yes. He then asked me if I was OK with my ropes in which I also replied yes, so he wandered off to the next boat to help them tie up. I wondered if I'd have asked him was anything wrong with my mooring lines whether he would have said yes, so I went over and had a word. He came back and educated me with a better way of tying up and not only that but a bit of further free advice.

Firstly, I didn't know the BA put personnel permanently on these types of moorings and secondly what a nice pleasant chappie he was enjoying his work. So, a big thumbs-up from me and although I know some of you will say that’s what we pay our tolls for, I say value for money. :default_icon_e_surprised:
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Do not keep us in suspenders Simondo, what did he say?

It could be that many of us might benefit.

Andrew.

Good to hear some praise. The front-line troops generally do a grand job!

• Like 3

We moored there overnight last summer and the quay attendant was excellent .:default_biggrin:

If it was the younger chap he is very chatty and helpful in fact they both are very helpful,they are employed seasaneley. John

21 hours ago, Wussername said:

Do not keep us in suspenders Simondo, what did he say?

It could be that many of us might benefit.

Andrew.

Just general advice on getting the boat straighter when mooring alongside... and yes I think it may have been the younger chap!

• Thanks 1