Thumbs Up For The BA

Simondo

I was out in my boat for the first overnighter at the weekend and ended up mooring at Reedham. Having secured my ropes the BA operative stationed there came along and asked if everything was OK which I replied yes. He then asked me if I was OK with my ropes in which I also replied yes, so he wandered off to the next boat to help them tie up. I wondered if I'd have asked him was anything wrong with my mooring lines whether he would have said yes, so I went over and had a word. He came back and educated me with a better way of tying up and not only that but a bit of further free advice.

Firstly, I didn't know the BA put personnel permanently on these types of moorings and secondly what a nice pleasant chappie he was enjoying his work. So, a big thumbs-up from me and although I know some of you will say that’s what we pay our tolls for, I say value for money. :default_icon_e_surprised:
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Wussername said:

Do not keep us in suspenders Simondo, what did he say?

It could be that many of us might benefit.

Andrew.

Just general advice on getting the boat straighter when mooring alongside... and yes I think it may have been the younger chap!

• Thanks 1