Heatwave, I Wish It Would Cool Down And Rain Soon.

I bought one of these more in desperation than realistic hope! Shock of all shocks! It actually works very well for its size and voltage. Only as a personal cooler that is,

I have the same problem as Grendel with my car aircon and tried this and its grand!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002C2KMZC/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_3p_dp_1

Obviously good for the boat as well.

You know it's warm when you get in the van and the camera and sat nav are in the footwell and not on the windscreen where I left them.

Mine was sat in the sun and lowest temp read in the van was 27c with a 2.5hr drive home. I've had to take the spinny vent thingy off the roof as I kept hitting the swing bar in the multi car park I have to use in the center.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc-Desktop-Perfect-Laptop-Notebook/dp/B0119H3TRS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1532623373&sr=8-5&keywords=usb%2Bfans&th=1

Can't go wrong with these but don't pay over a fiver. Work great with usb power banks & ideal for clearing windows on the boat.

Work now issue these instead of desk fans and I wonder how many have gone home in last few week.

not happy not cool, stuck for an hour on the M2 waiting for an accident to clear wiith the cars exterior thermometer registering 39 degrees, traffic reports were giving another closure 10 miles further due to a car fire, and a further holdup 10 miles after that, fortunately both had cleared by the time we got moving, 

opposite the first accident there was another two cars both on their roofs, not a great trip home.

It has actually rained up here for the first time in ages, we had had about three sharp thunderstorms with plenty of rain each time.  Not enough but at least its better than nowt.  Has is cooled down the air and got rid of the mugginess? Has it hellers like

Griff

What happened to all the old solutions to "Hot weather"?

Go and buy a cheap floppy fabric hat, thoroughly wet it and wear it. Makes you look a prat but at least you're a cool prat. Not enough? so wear a wet t-shirt. the shyer you are, the darker the colour recommended.. Still too hot? Keep a face flannel and bowl of water close by and keep washing your face.

All these suggestions might not go down too well in an office environment, but they work really well on a boat.

Drink loads! I do and I can't remember that not working.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well here on the Sunshine Coast That probably makes me Essex man God help me, it is really really hot and yes I do Remember1976 as bygone as it may be, Will be up in Norfolk tomorrow to do work on the boat( inside) so quite looking forward to a thunderstorm, please

Had a storm in the early hours of this morning and torrential rain.  We all got woken up with the thunder and lightning. Then it became like a sauna and the temperature has been steadily rising ever since. 

we have cranked up the aircon in the office to its utmost and set it at 16 degrees, so far today the temperature has risen from 24 indoors to 26, and we are considering ourselves cool, I popped outside earlier and it humid and muggy and hot

On 15/07/2018 at 22:00, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi all,

I know we all crave sunny weather in the spring summer and autumn, but i can`t be the only one who is suffering from all this heat?.

I`ve never really been a sun worshiper, but i do like to have a summer, but this continuous hot weather is really doing me in. Since this weather started,  i`ve been feeling the effects, and sometimes have felt quite ill. Add to that, our garden is really in a bad way, with our front and rear lawns being a light beige colour all over, and i`m getting concerned whether they will actually recover. I`ve also not been sleeping that well, and have at times not been able to sleep at all due to the heat, not good when you have to work all day, as i`m still a few years away from retirement. It`s also been too hot to ride the bike, as i will never go out on her without ALL the protective kit.  It`s also a real pain that, although elsewhere in the country, people have at times had plenty of rain, down here on the south coast, we have`nt had any serious rainfalls since about late March.  We`ve had on several occaisions, plenty of very dark heavy threatening cloud, but all to no avail.

I really do hope we have a few weeks of rain soon, as i`m really struggling with this dry and continuous heat,  am i the only one, or is there anybody else out there feeling the same way?.

i know how you feel , ive suffered migraines since i was 18, but since going through menapause it's gotten worse, & this heat has really done my head in, i'm on high dosage betablockers which don't always work, & i have to take immigran injections when it gets bad, & ive had to take quite a few this month, my hubby bought me a mobile airconditioner which has been a godsend to me, but it does'nt half use some electric lol ,but i could'nt do without it now . lori

• Like 1

Mother and father of all thunderstorms going on here at the moment.  Cooling things down a bit, but increasing the humidity.   All doors and windows open to try and get some cool air into the house.

• Like 1

Lots of clouds, but still no rain. I went to my archery club yesterday and was looking at the rainbows and listening to the thunder, but where we were, not a drop, despite torrential downpours and thunder and lightning around us. Oh well, nothing new there  then?.

• Like 1