Naughty-cal Heads To The Broads Again

Cal

" as the authority are unlikely to sponsor us they are considered fair game for criticisms,"

They give us cash so we forgive everything????? Sounds like trump and the nra and possibly one of the worst statements I've ever heard from a forum.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

" as the authority are unlikely to sponsor us they are considered fair game for criticisms,"

They give us cash so we forgive everything????? Sounds like trump and the nra and possibly one of the worst statements I've ever heard from a forum.

Smoggy surely it is as stated"they are considered fair game for criticisms" which is not "we" consider them fair game for criticisms. Therefore may I suggest that it is not a forum position.

Just now, psychicsurveyor said:

This topic seems to have escalated out of all proportion.

Now everyone has had chance to vent isn't it time to get back to the purpose of the title of the post ?

Surely it is the prerogative of the original poster to request that a post gets back to subject. Maybe the OP is happy to enjoy the deviations despite them being off topic, those making the postings posting are.

4 hours ago, grendel said:

right , we have had our little diversion from the thread, so we will leave Cal to proceed with his holiday tale  on this thread. sorry about that Cal, and back to you.

I think the OP has taken heed, or achieved his original objective,  the heat and fire is only coming from elsewhere.

I blame the hot weather :default_biggrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Philosophical said:

Surely it is the prerogative of the original poster to request that a post gets back to subject. Maybe the OP is happy to enjoy the deviations despite them being off topic, those making the postings posting are.

OK Mod Hat on, I request that this deviation of the post stop to let it return to the OP's holiday tale. the deviation has taken a unpleasant turn

9 hours ago, grendel said:

right , we have had our little diversion from the thread, so we will leave Cal to proceed with his holiday tale  on this thread. sorry about that Cal, and back to you.

He is a she as I have pointed out before if you would read the posts :default_smiley-taunt014:

7 minutes ago, Cal said:

He is a she as I have pointed out before if you would read the posts :default_smiley-taunt014:

my  apologies, in my defence I have been playing catchup trying to read all the threads since my return from the broads yesterday

We have managed to get on the 24hr BA moorings at Beccles. So instead of heading on through to The Locks today we have decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth and will stay here this evening instead.

Sydney has had a quick cool off in the slipway and now we are all sheltering in the Bear and Bells for a couple of pints in the shade.

20180723_114821.jpg

20180723_114828.jpg

• Like 4

Had a lovely day in Beccles and now we have set up camp under the bridge for the evening.

No bbq tonight. Feel like we are on the Atkins diet already. Even the dog has turned his nose up at sausage this morning. Cajun salmon salad instead.

20180723_145440.jpg

20180723_162737.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Decided to haves run to the Locks anyway.

Had a lovely day in Beccles and now we have set up camp under the bridge for the evening.

No bbq tonight. Feel like we are on the Atkins diet already. Even the dog has turned his nose up at sausage this morning. Cajun salmon salad instead.

20180723_145440.jpg

20180723_162737.jpg

20180723_184326.jpg

20180723_191902.jpg

Not staying though.  Time to head back soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don't often  post but this thread reminded me of our first boating adventure when the children were small some fourty years ago! We hired from Hearts Cruisers and the first stop was Berney Arms. We came in at such speed assuming that the boat would stop like a car.(Nobody told us otherwise) Crack went the bow. We were mortified and my husband went inside the bow to try to push out the dent. We were just a young family on holiday, not reckless or being stupid just clueless.We now have our own boat but you can bet your life that whenever were are on it we make at last one foul up when mooring. The difference is now that we approach slowly and are aware of the tides etc Yes we try not to moor in really busy spots but we also  always  help to moor  and give advice if necessary regarding the currents tides etc. We have all been there.No boater whether private or hirer sets out to cause damage or harm.I remember that bump each time we pass the Berney Arms.The dent is  probably still on the quay heading.

• Like 1

Hi Cal Interesting photo of you at Loddon it's the first time i have seen holiday boats ware you are there always seemed to be old boats moored there permanently.Its well done Broads Authority by the looks of things,i must give it a try as we do like Loddon but always had problems mooring there.John

46 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Be careful of the T.O.S. folks. I am sure the boatyard would not like to see this advertised.

Sorry don't agree, these things can happen to any boat, hire or private, no-one is suggesting the yard is at fault.