Easiest / Best Place To Hi Hab A Boat In Southern Broads

Hi All,

need to throw this out to the masses.

I need to Hi Hab in a 28 foot 3 ton boat into the Southern Broads...….where is best ? Free ? Reasonable ? Dear ?

My brain wont work today so I'm hoping I can use yours...………:default_biggrin:

Thank you

36 minutes ago, imtamping2 said:

Hi All,

need to throw this out to the masses.

I need to Hi Hab in a 28 foot 3 ton boat into the Southern Broads...….where is best ? Free ? Reasonable ? Dear ?

My brain wont work today so I'm hoping I can use yours...………:default_biggrin:

Thank you

Do you mean Hiab? As in you need your boat lifted In or out of the water? 

Many on here a lot more clued up than me , but Brundall , Beccles , Loddon and Reedham would I think have this service.

Or, have I totally misread this :default_icon_e_biggrin:, it has been a particularly long hard hot Monday .

Why is the Hiab part important to your plan? 

Most yards capable of lifting boats would lift on or off your transport.  

I would recommend Greenway Marine in Loddon who will pick up boata off trailers or low loaders and deposit via slipway in the Chet. 

I cant think of anywhere you could use your own equipment for free apart from where JM has indicated (but blocking a road could have its problems) unless there are any public slips with enough space to do the job. 

16 minutes ago, dnks34 said:

Why is the Hiab part important to your plan? 

Most yards capable of lifting boats would lift on or off your transport.  

I would recommend Greenway Marine in Loddon who will pick up boata off trailers or low loaders and deposit via slipway in the Chet. 

I cant think of anywhere you could use your own equipment for free apart from where JM has indicated (but blocking a road could have its problems) unless there are any public slips with enough space to do the job. 

The boat is being collected by a truck with a Hiab so it would probably make sense to make use of this once its at the Broads 

Only places i can think can take a lorry , would be wrc fuel quay heading, they may charge  around 150 thou, goodchilds wouldbe about the same i ve had one lifted off a hiab lorry there to use there dock crane,

using a slip would be tricky as the lorry would be at a too steep of an angle ,best justbite the billet and pay a yard to do it.

don,t know about the Brundle area thou, best ring round the yards.

shame this a hiab plonking us in wells harbour at low tide!IMG_0597.thumb.JPG.03c3c8078d6cc9a521ee5715dc5e0452.JPG

Im not so sure the WRC would be likely to let you to use the riverside even for a fee when they have the hoist there but it could be worth a phone call to them to find out. 

I still suggest Greenway, in terms of cost I doubt very much you will find a more reasonable place. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Hadisco bridge new cut,somerlation quay and yard also, Rockland St Mary stath, old ferry quay heading opposite Bramerton, side of new bridge Beccles, the boat yard in Pudding more lane Beccles forget name they do boat storage and stacking, all have hard standing if boats moored and blocking ???? you could always ask them to move,and fisherman.John

• Thanks 1

Hi just remembered the name of boat storage it's Gallian boat storage, puddingmoor lane, Beccles this would be your best bet for hassle free and bookable quay heading to launch your boat. There are also the two boat yards at St Olaves they will have a cost/charge but hassle free good access,hope this helps.  John

• Thanks 1