Change Of Cruiser

Hoseaseasons allowed us to recharge to Sonet and I think this giving my leg and pins in general are not steady this is the better layout choice. We know it’s not a new cruiser but for me it’s better laid out and has wider decks and an easy access of the stern. Whatever boat one has has good points and bad points but this is our final choice,ideal for two. Separate toilet and separate shower . We. Know the broads very well so for us it will be a gentle cruise to quiet areas,a fridge full of beers lol,eggs and bacon in the morning, a lovely snack lunchtime at some riverside hosterly and a snack evening watching the world go by. Plus we live in Norfolk so the broads are only an hour away so no rushing to the boat yard. IMG_1837.JPG

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

It looks a lovely boat,. Ive mailed you the link to Russell Thompson's review which you may find useful :)

Hello Thankyou I’ve sen it very useful the sliding canopies doesn’t worry we are used to that and can overcome them,as said we are not knew we have had boats before and know what to expect I got this one because the exit points are safer than encore . Russell said the only thing he found was the draughty canopies other than that said it was a nice boat it serv d him well . We are used to electricity at home so an electric boat will be lovely plus it has an electric kettle which we are used to too. We think we have made the right choice and off course we will bring our home comforts too and proberly give her another polish with our own polish . It has two water filling tanks sonyes that film came in very handy Thankyou.

Just be aware that with an electric kettle etc you'll be using a fair amount of juice and as you've said you won't be travelling huge distances then you may find you're doing a fair amount of engine running to keep the batteries topped up with those bits on top of the normal loads such as the fridge.

Just be aware that with an electric kettle etc you'll be using a fair amount of juice and as you've said you won't be travelling huge distances then you may find you're doing a fair amount of engine running to keep the batteries topped up with those bits on top of the normal loads such as the fridge.

Thankyou never thought of that,my wife said she will treat it like we do at home,our trip will be something like this,Wroxham to the new inn,horning to potter via ranworth, mooring at potter. Potterback to Womack. I’m worried now as I can’t keep changing boats Hoseasons will charge me cancellation fee money I can’t pay. I’m sure if we are safe we will be ok.this boat is easy to get on with but I couldn’t have Royal Swan because it wouldn’t take dogs.

Does the boat have hook-up?

I think so but I don’t know now we are going to think this over.

Sonnet does appear to have shore power and ‘limited’ 240v power from inverter. Strange to have a microwave/combi oven. Might be a good idea to try and talk things over with Barnes, no use asking Hoseasons anything they probably wouldn’t have a clue!

• Like 2

• Inverter provides limited 240v power
  • Microwave/combi oven
  • Hob
  • LCD television & DVD
  • 240 volt power from invertor or shore

Its probably a 1300 watt inverter which will power a microwave. I think ringing Barnes is a very good idea particularly if its an issue.

11 hours ago, vanessan said:

Strange to have a microwave/combi oven.

Pretty standard on recent Barnes builds. It does mean that there's no gas on the boat - which is not a bad thing - and if the batteries are kept topped up then you've got the benefit of an oven that is going to be more like the one at home.

• Thanks 1

David as I said we have had this boat and we are not ones for long cruising, but if we are going somewhere not very far away we often do a little detour cruise to get charged up. We had no problems and did use kettle microwave TV and fridge as if we were at home. There is also the option of shore power at some locations which you buy a card for, ask at the Barnes office they will be pleased to advise you. I bought 3 and still have them. I know you will wonder what all the worry was for  once you are on your way, relax and enjoy

• Like 1

I thought Barnes boats had generators to power the electric cookers??

Hello I don think so I don’t know it appears you have to link up to a off shore power line,what if ranworth is full and no one moves what then,I don’t feel Barnes Brinkcraft are being honest.

If it does then you'll be able to plug in at places like Ranworth.

http://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/boating/facilities/electric-boat-charging-points

Good evening this is cheeky you already pay over £800 for the hire of the boat then you got to pay for more to eat,it’s a cheek,but Thankyou.

If it comes too it just run the engine to power the microwave/oven.

With the proviso that it is within the allowed hours of course.

Although it sounds as though people who have hired it have not found the need too.

It looks a lovely boat,. Ive mailed you the link to Russell Thompson's review which you may find useful :)

Lulu could you send me the film made by Russell thompson to my messenger box on Facebook please,I can’t find it and I need it ..,Thankyou david

If it comes too it just run the engine to power the microwave/oven.
With the proviso that it is within the allowed hours of course.
Although it sounds as though people who have hired it have not found the need too.

It would be nice to know how others may gone through the operation of this boat.

David as I said we have had this boat and we are not ones for long cruising, but if we are going somewhere not very far away we often do a little detour cruise to get charged up. We had no problems and did use kettle microwave TV and fridge as if we were at home. There is also the option of shore power at some locations which you buy a card for, ask at the Barnes office they will be pleased to advise you. I bought 3 and still have them. I know you will wonder what all the worry was for  once you are on your way, relax and enjoy

Thanks meg I Thought you had encore,sonnet is I feel not fit for disabled but we won’t go into that as it upsets others,the detours you say may have a long detour and running the engines to charge things isn’t my idea of boating. That video of the cruiser by russel showed many faults with the boat that brinkscraft didn’t own up to and that’s naughty and that upsets me,that said I think we may have a cottage by the river.

• Inverter provides limited 240v power
  • Microwave/combi oven
  • Hob
  • LCD television & DVD
  • 240 volt power from invertor or shore
Its probably a 1300 watt inverter which will power a microwave. I think ringing Barnes is a very good idea particularly if its an issue.

Yes that concerned me but no need to worry the holiday is off hoseaseasons have had details I wrote to Brinks no reply.