Fall Into Water At Acle Should I Be Worried

Guest ian stevenson

I have found a rather good website called ‘animated knots by grog’ or something similar. Copying an animation really does make it easier. 
Knots 3D is also very good. Cost £1.20. Similar to animated knots by grog but can be shown at whatever speed you wish.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Thanks 1

May I refer to the original post. Falling in the water.For some a bit of a laugh.

For others it can lead to life changing injuries, as witnessed at the tragic incident last year at Acle where an elderly lady suffered life changing injuries to her foot. Caused initially, by falling in the water and being in contact with a propeller.  

According to the statistics the number of people entering the water inadvertently, last year, discounting those who who capsized dinghies etc or from  any water sports where entry into the water is predictable.

For 2017 the total amounts to:

Twelve.

Clearly a statistic which is a nonsense.  

As for hospital treatment, some 36.   A considerable increase on previous years going back to 1993.

As quoted from the report it would seem as if that disembarkation and falling in remains to be the main activity which results in injury and potential for drowning.. 

Andrew

14 minutes ago, Wussername said:

Never did read it. Always felt that actions speak louder than words. I wonder what became of Lynda.

According to Wikipedia she died at fifty three following a car accident. She had become a 'happy clappy', a born again Christian.

9 hours ago, Regulo said:

It's a wonder she didn't choke.

Back in the day when I had the riverside shop at Burgh St Peter (WRC) I sold many, many hundreds of copies of Deep Throat, I also sold may hundreds of T-Shirts, often to seemingly diminutive males, claiming to have choked Linda Lovelace, as if!