Old Broads Engines

Vaughan

1 hour ago, webntweb said:

That wouldn't be very good business seeing the Nanni quote was from Peachments.

Ah, well that changes things somewhat. I know we had a quote from Broom for the Nanni option and the price was silly.

I'd probably add though that some of that cost might well have been down to concerns around access and installation. With the transmission mated to the engine, it's not the easiest thing to get in/out of a Diamond 43.

Broom will have had greater knowledge of those things, particularly since Tom was involved in the build programme on the Commodores. Which begs the question of what price could Broom have installed a Nanni for if they'd have wanted to?

49 minutes ago, oldgregg said:

I'd probably add though that some of that cost might well have been down to concerns around access and installation. With the transmission mated to the engine, it's not the easiest thing to get in/out of a Diamond 43.

Broom will have had greater knowledge of those things, particularly since Tom was involved in the build programme on the Commodores. Which begs the question of what price could Broom have installed a Nanni for if they'd have wanted to?

We did ask and it was very similar to Peachments.

Possibly Brooms, with their experience of the boat, would have had a lower installation cost than Peachments and Peachments, as a Nanni main dealer, could have given a better price on the engine cost part.