Someones Been A Busy Barnabee!

Meantime

6 minutes ago, LondonRascal said:

Good to see that these cute boats have not only entered service but have a great location to go from and can be taken through Norwich not just to the Yacht Station :) Wish you every success.

Then I am def. Going to have a go. Never been through Bishops Bridge

• Like 1

On 25/07/2018 at 18:10, ChrisB said:

Out of high season I will give one a go up to the yacht Station, it has been a few years since I went by water.

Good luck, you should do well.

We let you go past the yacht station, right up to New mills, make the Ribs of beef a stop.

• Like 4

Thank you guys, 2 years in the making and we are finally up and running, all be it a very humble beginning,  Life has been so busy the last year or so with much stress, I am loving my new summer roll.

Please come down to river green and say hello, we will be there all summer everyday then reduced hours after the hols.

If anyone has not been all the way up past Bishops bridge then i can't recommend it highly enough, Stunning.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MBA Marine said:

We let you go past the yacht station, right up to New mills, make the Ribs of beef a stop.

Should add, no need to wait to after high season, the river traffic is always minimal up our end of the Yare.

• Like 1

These were great little boats when on Lake Windermere (I used to work hiring them out years ago as a teenager in holidays) and having seen MBA's pics of improving and tidying them up Im definitely going to have a hire of them next time Im down on the broads . 

• Like 1

Well done again to Mark and Andy, I've been following the story since they brought these boats and so much work has been put in.. I'm so looking forward to jumping on one very soon, certanly as you can go under bishops bridge and into norwich which must be amazing. 

All the very best guys and I hope you have a really good first season!

Hi Mark, glad to see you are up and running. We were unable to stop on Monday this week and you looked busy too. We will be back for a few days come Sunday and will walk down for a chat. Wish you a very busy season.

Regards from us both

Colin and Ruth:default_beerchug:

With very little promo and currently no promotional material the first few days have been quite promising, in truth the Town council have done more to promote than we have, they did all the press release stuff and I think the future radio plug was from them as it wasnt me and Andy has been on holiday the last 6 days.

There is more to come and we can do better but right now we are off to a good start and feedback from hirers has been positive, the run into Norwich is a great selling point, I love it and people are loving it too. We need more livery on the tops of the boats, currently just some spots but that does not tell people what they are and where they come from, people have been getting asked as they pootle through Norwich where the boats come from and if they're for hire.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Islander said:

Hi Mark, glad to see you are up and running. We were unable to stop on Monday this week and you looked busy too. We will be back for a few days come Sunday and will walk down for a chat. Wish you a very busy season.

Regards from us both

Colin and Ruth:default_beerchug:

Thanks Colin, please do come down you and Ruth always welcome over. 

Not easily in view for you but as I have asked all Islanders please keep an eye on the boats when im not around.  We did have one issue a couple of nights ago with a couple of males ****ing around with the boats, thankfully the good people of the Island set too moving them off the boats and on their way.  I cant say how much it means to me that you guys over there are looking after what I put so many man hours into.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi peoples, how's things? life has been busy and i have not kept up with forum life.

Summer came and went, Autumn is here and the end of the season is nigh,  well what can i say?  

We started something new in a place that people dont instantly think to go for a day boat, we used boats that were new to the broads, Promotion was lacking and the day to day running was mostley done by a guy who had never worked full time on a hire fleet. 

We've had customers, we've had local support, kind words and some lovely reviews.  I personally could not have asked for more from this year, i'm pretty sure we have laid a solid foundation going forward.

This seed may have been planted by myself and i nurtured it a lot as it sprouted, but this has been a team effort and many have played their part, I thank them all (I'm sure Andy does too).

A last note to those who have not yet come down to River Green for a little jaunt out in one of our boats, you have until the end of the Autumn half term otherwise you will have to wait until next season starts.

• Like 4