Battery Charger

When I bought my new boat last year, under the rear cockpit seating I found a new yellow 120v transformer which I removed, this week I decided to clear out all the previous owners junk from under the seats to make room for all my junk, low and behold I find a nearly new Xantex 10TB multistage battery charger fitted to the side of the cockpit, now as my marina has no leccie I have no use for it so i'll probably sell it on, but I have a question! according to the paperwork I found in the boat the charger is 120v input which explains the transformer, I can't see all these boats with chargers carrying a transformer, so are battery chargers normaly run off 240v and is there a better way of reducing the voltage down to 120v, from what I can work out the charger is American but is sold over here as well.

Regards Frank,,,