Available Basic Moorings

Danmc356

Hello!

Im a new member looking for some info regarding basic moorings on the Broads, I’ve been sailing the Broads on my 14ft Sailing dinghy for a few years now, but always trailered it away, and sometimes camping if the weather is nice. I’ve now upgraded to a 22ft swing keel Jaguar which is a bit big to be launching and taking out every time. I’m looking for a basic mooring where I can just leave it in, drive up and sail! I’ve previously camped at Bureside Holiday Park, which is excellent, so I’m looking for a space around there if possible, one of the dykes around that area would be perfect.

if anyone has any info about contacts or space etc then please let me know!

Danny

I would try one of the sailing clubs, they are much cheaper than commercial moorings,  Eg at Horning SC your fee would be £120 family membership and mooring something like £300 -400.

(I haven't got the figures exactly for the moorings, but that's half my motorboat mooring) (Note Hornings moorings for NON racing yachts are across the river and you'd have to row across, 3 rowing dinghies are provided) https://horning-sailing.club/webcams.php (right hand picture)

There isn't a requirement to race but, a gentle Sunday race down and back to the Pub at Thurne or Acle can't be that bad.

If you look at the green Book, http://www.thegreenbook.org.uk/default.htm under clubs and classes. there are mabe a dozen clubs that could help..that could help..

Joining a club will often give you free car parking, showers and toilets,   a water supply to top up your on board water, plus The option of joining social events.  On the other hand there might be duties required, such as at Horning once each summer a galley or rescue boat duty would be required.

If you are around, from tomorrow for seven days is Horning regatta, pop in and see what's going on..

Thanks TheQ that’s a good idea!! I’ll give them a call, my plan is to bring the boat up in a couple of weeks and have a sail around, hopefully I have something by then, even temporarily. Otherwise I’ll drag it out and try again next time!!

Danny

If you happen to sail past Oby Dyke (Just downstream of Bureside) you will see a large banner advertising seasonal moorings with a telephone number. I'm afraid I don't have it, but there may be someone here who does?