I Hate.....

Poppy

"Fed up of" instead of "fed up with", "bored of" instead of "bored with". It's passing into common usage and they are destroying the English language. 
It's not natural evolution, it's nonsense perpetrated by Essex Man.

Mind you, it’s better than when they replace have with of, as in, “you should of smacked him round the head”

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Poppy said:

No not Essex Man pops TOWIE orange males and females please.................  That program has so much to answer for fella, listed buildings destroyed, a quaint old fashioned town is no more now.

13 minutes ago, Poppy said:

"Fed up of" instead of "fed up with", "bored of" instead of "bored with". It's passing into common usage and they are destroying the English language. 

Mind you, it’s better than when they replace have with of, as in, “you should of smacked him round the head”

Nice one bruvaa. I proper rate your post Pops. It's well sic innit. Oi Oi me ole saveloy. 

18 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

Nice one bruvaa. I proper rate your post Pops. It's well sic innit. Oi Oi me ole saveloy. 

Hmmmm...

After that I'm not sure it is Essex that is at fault.

Besides the very worst of Essex are East London rejects. :default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Poppy said:

It might surprise you, but bad grammar is not entirely the product of 'Essex Man'. You hear it everywhere, but I suppose we're an easy target, thanks to "The Only Way Is Essex", but don't 'tar us all' with the same mucky brush...

My personal dislike, is 'text speak', which many (and not all of them from Essex) seem to think is an acceptable way to write, or even to speak, now... L.O.L. :10_wink:

36 minutes ago, Poppy said:

Hmmmm...

After that I'm not sure it is Essex that is at fault.

Besides the very worst of Essex are East London rejects. :default_biggrin:

I ain't gonna start giving it lemon, it's not worth the ag, but as it 'appens I was born within the sound of the Bow bells and now live in Essex. :default_beerchug: 

Anyway we all know Pops is two stops from Dagenham, must be if you've read his jokes :default_rofl: 

I think It started long before TV programmes or the Essex era , OMG and similar were in common use back in the 80s and has only been fuelled by the social media platforms where people cant be bothered to speak proper English and the trendy catchwords like so, bro and you know have to be a part of every conversation or interview.

Fred

1 hour ago, Poppy said:

That’s the one that gets to me most I think. That and ‘we was going to....’ . The English language is suffering badly and it is a great shame. 

Also... The 'Americanisation' of the English language. Apart from the obvious 'theater', 'favorite' and 'neighbor', I notice that 'spell checkers' have a habit of trying to change an 'S' into a 'Z' too, as in 'sympathize', normalize', 'optimize' etc... I know Trump and many other Americans have a pretty tenuous grip of the English language, but please don't export it to us... :35_thinking: 

people who leave off the G in words ending with  .....ing :default_biggrin:

Not listening to Radio right now then?...

“Serious Jockin” with Steve Wright is on...

:-D

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network
  • Haha 1