• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• calender payment

Calendar Paymene

Delivery Options
    Your NBN Forum Username:

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

CaptainJack

Mooring On Southern Rivers Needed

Hi Everyone

Does any one know of any moorings that can take a 42" Broom Admiral while I finish the restoration? Southern rivers are preferred. 

Regards Lee

20180715_103409.jpg

• Like 7

Hi not the best but try loddon marina. They are cheap and cheerful and a very handy mooring for bus access to norwich or beccles.

Koolwabbit

Welcome Lee,

It depends on what facilities you require.

I don't think David at Cove has space for that size at the moment or I would recommend it, you could try Brundall Gardens, Tingdene, NYA, Reedham, St Olaves or Brooms if you are willing to pay for them, all have good facilities.

With a nice boat like that I would think you would prefer somewhere  'safe' with people around rather than in the wilds of wannie.

paul

Hippersons had room in their wet shed a few months ago, not sure if it’s still available though.

Fantastic boat by the way, any pics or info on the restoration?

24 minutes ago, NeilB said:

Hippersons had room in their wet shed a few months ago, not sure if it’s still available though.

Fantastic boat by the way, any pics or info on the restoration?

You could replace the Admiral that left a few months ago. 

What a cracking boat :default_icon_bowdown:

Wet shed surely? Hippersons must be best bet if space available.

Hippersons was still free a couple of weeks ago - we stopped for diesel and had a longish chat with the owner. The cost was fairly eye-watering though!

this is a pic of Hippersons wet shed taken a few years ago although should give an idea.

I can imagine wet shed moorings are scarce and not cheap! For a classic like that though.....:default_biggrin:

Hippersons.JPG

• Like 1

Somerleyton Marina? Bit shallow on a really low tide but nevertheless a lovely spot and a darn good engineer on site.

• Like 1

Lovely boat. Brings back memories of two weeks we had on Admiral 7 in August 1982.

What an absolutely stunning boat.  My very favourite was Admiral 7, hired that one out many times along with 5 and 6 and the odd Supreme Commander too.  We have 'Admiral 6' as a neighbour at our home berth now.  Which number was yours?

Griff