A Summer's Tale

11 hours ago, Jayfire said:

Too busy looking at the barmaids Mr Nog??? :default_biggrin:

I thought you might, you do know everything don't you :default_rolleyes:

:default_hiding:

I'm sure you will find something else to constantly whine to me about Grace.

Not that I could ever tire of you moaning in my ear of course :default_smiley-angelic002:

Jay :default_eusa_naughty:

Of course I do, I know everything about you don't I? :default_icon_kiss:

I'm sure I will, give me an hour or so :default_biggrin:

I won't allow you to get tired :default_norty:

The write up and photos have been brilliant as usual, thank you for allowing me with you babe, I've loved every second

Grace

xxx

18 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Enjoyed reading your tale and seeing all your photos Jay. Hope you had a good journey home. It was certainly very welcome to get the rain this week although it might not have been quite as welcome for any holidaymakers after all the hot sunny weather of late.

Thank you very much, I do worry the photos are repetitive as I am always at the helm.

To be honest apart from Thursday the rain held off for us, it didn't really rain on the Friday until almost back at base so we enjoyed a lovely morning beforehand.

2 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Jay :default_eusa_naughty:

:default_smiley-angelic002:

Of course I do, I know everything about you don't I? :default_icon_kiss:

You really should do by now with amount of time we have spent together :default_biggrin:

I'm sure I will, give me an hour or so :default_biggrin:

You know I love your moans babe

I won't allow you to get tired :default_norty:

:default_biggrin: you can't keep up with me, how you gonna do that? :default_rofl:

The write up and photos have been brilliant as usual, thank you for allowing me with you babe, I've loved every second

Thank you gorgeous, it wouldn't be the same without you :default_icon_kiss:

On 06/08/2018 at 13:05, Jayfire said:

Sunday 5th August

Part 1

Sunday morning I was to drop my sister and brother in law back off at Oulton Broad in order for them to head back home so an early morning began in the continuing sunshine in Beccles Yacht Station sorting the dog and preparing for the 0815 departure.20180805_080938.thumb.jpg.0df9f4d4fa63718be85c736dd9765386.jpg

Coffee in hand I set out as everyone else continued to sleep with the roof down and enjoying the Waveney river back to Oulton in the early sunshine

The river was pretty quiet and we made slow steady progress enjoying the beautiful scenery

arriving in Oulton and mooring at the empty Wherry Hotel moorings at 1015 and bid farewell to our departing visitors.

More to follow shortly...

That's me on Fair Commodore (red dog towel drying on the steering wheel), I kept seeing you all week and tried to get the mrs interested in joining a syndicate but she wont agree

On 06/08/2018 at 13:05, Jayfire said:

7 minutes ago, neilp1962 said:

That's me on Fair Commodore (red dog towel drying on the steering wheel), I kept seeing you all week and tried to get the mrs interested in joining a syndicate but she wont agree

Small world Neil, I assume I gave you a wave at some point :default_biggrin:

You should have popped over and said hi, I could have given you a tour of the boat. If your wife changes her mind I am sure you wouldn't regret it, I wish we had done it years ago.

I hope you enjoyed your holiday

• 1 year later...

Well on Tuesday I had well and truly decided that I was leaving the forum and requested that my profile was deleted. By Thursday I had received a number of texts, messages and emails from members and in the end I had a change of heart and came back :facepalm:

Grendel is sick to the back teeth of me :default_biggrin:

Unfortunately my old profile has gone along with all my attached rubbish, so it's a fresh start once again as a new member but the same old JF (sorry), so it's back to madness, mayhem and nonsensical rambling :default_norty:

I'm just wondering...now you know me better, would I be accepted into full member status again?? :default_ohmy:

Anyway, Monday brings a return to the Broads, although in a slightly different manner, and so despite the weather I am told it's still Summertime and so the return of A Summer's Tale (again, sorry :default_biggrin:)

Anyone about this coming week at all? See you soon :default_icon_wave:

Jay

12 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

now you know me better, would I be accepted into full member status again??

I had considered making you wait until you had 50 posts again and giving the jokes thread a break from your jokes:default_icon_twisted:, but I relented and have put you back to full member status.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

You would like to be decisive, but you are just not sure
:default_rofl:

Indecisive is my favourite word, actually, no it isn't. I reckon it's why my favourite footwear are flip flops and why when I go rowing, I can't choose either oar.

Oh come on give me a break, I can't get in the joke thread yet :default_biggrin:

1 minute ago, grendel said:

I had considered making you wait until you had 50 posts again and giving the jokes thread a break from your jokes:default_icon_twisted:, but I relented and have put you back to full member status.

Ahh thank you G, that's great news. Guess where I'm off to :default_norty:

1 hour ago, Jayfire said:

on Tuesday I had well and truly decided that I was leaving the forum and requested that my profile was deleted.

I was wondering where you were Cap’n and thought maybe your kayak had sunk but I guess that’s next week. Now, I have no idea why you would decide to leave the forum (I must have missed something somewhere along the line) but I am very glad you have reconsidered. How could you even think of departing before the kayak stories have been told? :default_norty:

• Haha 1

I couldn't possibly bear to tear myself away from you forum ladies for too long now Mrs V could I?

And I couldn't ever let you miss out on the possibility of me falling overboard and clambering back out of the water all soaked in my shorts whilst "someone" reaches desperately for a camera now could I :default_biggrin:

43 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I was wondering where you were Cap’n and thought maybe your kayak had sunk but I guess that’s next week. Now, I have no idea why you would decide to leave the forum (I must have missed something somewhere along the line) but I am very glad you have reconsidered. How could you even think of departing before the kayak stories have been told? :default_norty:

I'm so glad you said that Vanessan! I've been trying hard to work out what it is that I've missed and then I  spotted a  "Jayfire said" with nothing following it and figured that must have been something to do with it -  what?, I cannot imagine!  At least after reading your post I don't feel quite so daft so thanks!

Carole

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grendel said:

Jay, do what I do and dont do it anywhere near a camera.

I realise I'm on thin ice right now G so I am resisting making any comments about "doing it" and "camera's" just now, but I want you to know how hard it is for me to resist such comments.

I hope that gets me some brownie points back 

(Oops :default_smiley-angelic002:)