Thanks Tbmc

johnb

3 hours ago, Mouldy said:

That would be for boats leaving their yard admittedly, but the number of folk who leave it too late to turn before getting to the bridge and struggling never ceases to amaze me.  That said, considering how far Potter is from Yarmouth, the current near the bridge seems to be quite strong and probably doesn’t help craft either trying to moor, or turn.

Sadly, if Woods do start to strictly apply their somewhat heavy mooring charge for private craft (£7 per hour), Potter will be crossed off my list of places to visit when we venture to the northern rivers.

Unless transiting the bridge many folks I have talked to have said the same. It’s a long way round to PH to find no moorings, nice trip though, Womack being the closest next stopping point, or mud weight option, which is very nice. We now tend to go to PH by car if we need to. It will likely be an out of season stopping option by boat from now on? 

I wouldn't mind paying HW a fee if it was a more reasonable charge, I’ve paid less than that for car hourly parking in London. I guess they charge this just because they can and would rather not have more boats entering and exiting their busy yard, so maybe these charges are more of a deterrent than a service? 🤔 

🍻

• Like 1

That’s not so bad for over night with power and more like it, but I think some of the prices appear a little conflicting maybe even compared to those displayed on HWs foot bridge? I can’t recall what these are? 

🍻

You’re absolutely right. The bridge says £20 I think. But I paid £25 for overnight with leccy and a pump out. Very reasonable for a secure mooring and a bit more sheltered than the bankside which always seems to be blowing a hooley.  (Not an issue for us, but also much easier to get in and off for those less confident or less mobile)