Acle Bridge Inn

johnb

2 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

That could come back and haunt you yet JF :default_norty:

Ooh I do hope so Mr Nog. Although it could hinder your own plans couldn't it Mr Nog? :default_smiley-angelic002:

Oh no, silly me. Being a Northerner you'd not let a bit of snow stop you like it does those Southerners would you :default_hiding:

• 6 months later...

Back on topic!! :default_swordpir:

I've just noticed that one of our sponsors - the Bridge Inn have updated their advertising panel over to the right.

It has just reminded me that we popped in recently and were very impressed as always. Phil and Ness are now celebrating 12 years at the helm and what a transformation they have made in that time. If anyone needs a model of how to run a pub, this is it. As Phil says, they are a pub that does food. Very good food too. They have never pretended to be gastro but serve really good pub grub which is what customers on the Broads want. The pub does phenomenally well in summer but if you go in during the winter (which we often do) it does a roaring trade then too.  The staff buzz around like a well oiled machine and are very friendly and helpful.

A new menu has been launched for the season with many new tempting offerings ranging from light bites through to grills and some more spicy offerings. something for everyone yet not overloaded to with too many dishes. Good wine list too.

The beer is always superbly kept (Cask Marque accreditation too) and I was delighted that Phil is continuing to offer a guest beer in the season often from the superb Humpty Dumpty brewery.

Give it a try, I promise you will not be disappointed! :default_beerchug:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Back on topic!! :default_swordpir:

I've just noticed that one of our sponsors - the Bridge Inn have updated their advertising panel over to the right.

It has just reminded me that we popped in recently and were very impressed as always. Phil and Ness are now celebrating 12 years at the helm and what a transformation they have made in that time. If anyone needs a model of how to run a pub, this is it. As Phil says, they are a pub that does food. Very good food too. They have never pretended to be gastro but serve really good pub grub which is what customers on the Broads want. The pub does phenomenally well in summer but if you go in during the winter (which we often do) it does a roaring trade then too.  The staff buzz around like a well oiled machine and are very friendly and helpful.

A new menu has been launched for the season with many new tempting offerings ranging from light bites through to grills and some more spicy offerings. something for everyone yet not overloaded to with too many dishes. Good wine list too.

The beer is always superbly kept (Cask Marque accreditation too) and I was delighted that Phil is continuing to offer a guest beer in the season often from the superb Humpty Dumpty brewery.

Give it a try, I promise you will not be disappointed! :default_beerchug:

Totally agree,

The Bridge Inn has now very much become my local (and I'm not local:default_biggrin:) for the very reasons you have pointed out. 

Always looked after superbly by all the staff, nothing too much trouble for them even when the place is really busy.

Will be there Monday evening with friends who have come down from Middlesbrough to stay in Norfolk for the week.

Be sure to say hello if you are there:default_beerchug:

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
5 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Just had some grub in the Bridge. Superb as always and the place runs like a Swiss watch. Excellent staff and a very nice drop of Ghost Ship :default_beerchug:   

And a good gin menu too! We’ve never been disappointed at the Bridge and it does get some very good reviews. 

• Like 2

We have only ever been in there twice, both times when we hired from Bridgecraft, and had our last night meal in there. The food was OK, not exactly Gordon blue (or whatever his name is? 😂), but half the plate was covered in chips. However, that was a few years back now, so hopefully, there will nowadays be a bit more of the main course on the plate. 

On 17/02/2020 at 13:20, NorfolkNog said:

Just had some grub in the Bridge. Superb as always and the place runs like a Swiss watch. Excellent staff and a very nice drop of Ghost Ship :default_beerchug:   

The low alcohol version is on tap at the Bridge and isn't a bad drop either......For when one is wanting to stay upright of course:default_beerchug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never touch the stuff myself :default_norty:  but I understand the low alcohol version is one of the best of its kind. As well as top class grub the Bridge has an excellent selection of wines, beers and spirits to suit all tastes. Mrs Nog had a field day exploring the gins. It's the one place on the Broads that we visit without fail. :default_beerchug:

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Haven't been to the Bridge Inn for a good while. Can't fit in all the pubs on a four day short break!

Are the moorings charged for here does anyone know?

Can’t say for the Bridge Inn but don’t forget there are now BA 24 hour free moorings upstream of the bridge.

• Thanks 1

We moored on the north bank BA moorings at Acle last summer over lunchtime. They are near the new cafe. The moorings used to belong to the old Bridge Stores but are now BA moorings, and I gather from recent news that they are being extended and electric posts are being installed. That’s good news! 
In August we also had a wild mooring between the Pedro’s moorings and the Yacht Club hut. It had access to the footpath that passes along the Pedro’s moorings, but no fee. :default_biggrin: It was also very peaceful, being further away from the road.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

Can't fit in all the pubs on a four day short break!

It's very tough, but if you really try it can be done :default_drinks: hic

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

Are the moorings charged for here does anyone know?

The pub moorings are free between around Nov-Easter, in season they are charged but it is refunded againt your bill inside the pub

On 19/02/2020 at 13:30, coolcat said:

The low alcohol version is on tap at the Bridge and isn't a bad drop either......For when one is wanting to stay upright of course:default_beerchug:

Personally when I have been on the broads, trying the different ales goes along with the holiday. But it is always good to have someone in turn that will still socially be involved drinking wise, but still will be quite level headed to pilot a boat.

• Like 2