johnb

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, coolcat said:

Time to hit the Bridge Inn again........Starvin' Marvin is me :default_biggrin:

Lucky man Mr cc, it's my little ladies favourite broads pub 

Have a great evening :default_smile:

35 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

If you see Phil can you ask him to get some Broadland Sunrise on order pls

Oh and the San Miguel ready for December.

20 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Aw, thanks CC. No worries, give you another excuse to call in. :default_beerchug: The celebrations will no doubt be continuing as I believe Phil's birthday will be coming up shortly, early December if memory serves.

Please tell him the Nog's were asking after him when you see him next :default_norty: :default_biggrin:

I sure will Howard,

Will be up there next Monday/Tuesday but possibly if we get a chance shall go up this weekend as well......Want to get a pump out as I'm not sure the tank gauge is working. Don't want to be caught short so to speak:default_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

Will be in the Acle Bridge Inn tonight with some good friends of mine.

If any of you guys and gals are in there would be great to say hello......We will probably all be huddled round the fire:default_rolleyes: :default_beerchug:

I shall tell Phil of your request tonight Howard :default_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

Katie and I were hoping to visit on Friday evening as we were spending the night at the Travelodge Acle instead of arriving late and sleeping aboard in the wetshed.

we searched fruitlessly online to see what time The Bridge stopped cooking , we discover in person when we arrived at 21:15 that 21:00 is the cut off time .

Pedros benefitted as they were cooking up until 22:00 and had no problems in serving us a very pleasant meal 

• Like 1

Loved the reviewson different pubs & restaurants , we've been to some off them & keep coming back to Acle bridge,  yes it does get busy, sometimes you have to wait for a table, 

But always the staff are polite friendly helpful,  foods always been good prices spot on, 

We don't expect posh nosh in a pub if you want that go to an expensive restaurant,  and dress up, 

• Like 1

On 13/11/2018 at 17:56, coolcat said:

Time to hit the Bridge Inn again........Starvin' Marvin is me :default_biggrin:

I really must make the effort, in all these years being moored at AcleI have never been in the bridge in, I know what you're saying

shame on you, and I tend to agree being mostly on my own on the boat I tend to cook a good meal and down a bottle of wine and maybe watch the telly if there's anything on and then turn in not too late, only to be disturbed by those drunk mariners returning from the bridge in, so basically I might as well join them  :default_beerchug:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, eddybear said:

I really must make the effort, in all these years being moored at AcleI have never been in the bridge in, I know what you're saying

shame on you, and I tend to agree being mostly on my own on the boat I tend to cook a good meal and down a bottle of wine and maybe watch the telly if there's anything on and then turn in not too late, only to be disturbed by those drunk mariners returning from the bridge in, so basically I might as well join them  :default_beerchug:

I always stagger back to the marina quietly......Well I would if that blinking gate would close properly :default_coat:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, eddybear said:

only to be disturbed by those drunk mariners returning from the bridge in, so basically I might as well join them  :default_beerchug:

Sorry about that, but it's a good pint of Kronies in the Bridge and I tend to get a bit carried away.

4 hours ago, eddybear said:

Being mostly on my own on the boat I tend to cook a good meal and down a bottle of wine and maybe watch the telly if there's anything on

I know what you mean about being on your own on the boat, happens to me quite a bit. I like to head off to a pub or two for a pint or 5 before returning to the boat though. Then I skip the meal and just have the wine, oh and in place of the tv I post mind numbing blogs and monotonous pictures. :default_biggrin:

Seriously though, give the Bridge a try. You'll be glad you did :default_smile:

1 hour ago, coolcat said:

I always stagger back to the marina quietly......Well I would if that blinking gate would close properly :default_coat:

I'm unable to stagger and I'm unable to be quiet by the time I return to the boat.

Hell I have it all on trying to find the right boat :default_drinks:

50 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

like to head off to a pub or two for a pint or 5 before returning to the boat

Entirely agree. Use them or lose them JF :91_thumbsup:

46 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Hell I have it all on trying to find the right boat

That's my boy :default_beerchug: :default_biggrin: happens to Mrs Nog all the time :default_norty:

Mind you one of the many advantages of winter cruising is that there are not too many boats to be confused by! Nice coming back and finding it covered in snow too :default_biggrin:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Entirely agree. Use them or lose them JF :91_thumbsup:

Abso positively lutely Sir :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

That's my boy :default_beerchug:

I'm beaming with pride Mr Nog :default_smile:

:default_biggrin: happens to Mrs Nog all the time :default_norty:

That doesn't surprise me Sir, but Mrs Nog is a woman and therefore has no sense of direction, I like to think I can usually find my way around :default_smiley-angelic002:

Mind you one of the many advantages of winter cruising is that there are not too many boats to be confused by! Nice coming back and finding it covered in snow too :default_biggrin:

Oh definitely, only a couple of weeks for me now, although I don't think I'll get the snow this time around :default_biggrin: