Stern Gland

Starbrite

Do you mean a rubber tube between gland and stern tube? Or the packing inside the gland?
Probably Brian Wards at brundall or ASAP supplies at beccles.
It's inside the brass housing that you turn to push grease into the stern tube

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Do you mean the grease cup?  
I have never seen one with a washer. 
Inside the stern gland greaser there is a brass washer then a rubber washer and a metal one when I screw it down the grease just comes past the washers instead of going into the tube

It may be better to purchase a new greaser either one that screws into the stern gland or perhaps a remote greaser which comes with a tube and a fitting to screw into the stern gland. (just saw the post from dnks34

along the same lines as my post)

807253_5.jpg

I think starbrite just needs a spare part for his existing setup, sounds like something like this:

23C799E7-CDAC-431D-9016-838FD75BA382.jpeg.010ccfd0d52a2c29708b96dac423bee8.jpeg
That the one looked on ASAP earlier but couldn't find it many thanks to respondents for your help

• Like 1

That the one looked on ASAP earlier but couldn't find it many thanks to respondents for your help

ASAP don't have the right size back at the boat on Thursday to get the make of the greaser

Is it definately a washer on the piston and not a large O Ring? 

Ive just looked at a picture of remote greaser on sheridan marine (link below) and with the piston removed it looks like it could be an o ring but it may not be the same setup to what you have.

Thought it worth mentioning as if it is an O ring it might be easier to find a new one. 

https://www.sheridanmarine.com/product/remote-greaser

• Thanks 1

Is it definately a washer on the piston and not a large O Ring? 
Ive just looked at a picture of remote greaser on sheridan marine (link below) and with the piston removed it looks like it could be an o ring but it may not be the same setup to what you have.
Thought it worth mentioning as if it is an O ring it might be easier to find a new one. 
https://www.sheridanmarine.com/product/remote-greaser
Thanks for that it's on an 84 connoisseur and I'm learning all the time on mine when you unscrew it there's a brass washer with a rubber cup washer like the one on ASAP but smaller then a metal washer holds every thing in place I'll get the makers name on Thursday

If the greaser hasn't been turned for some time, the grease already

in the pipe from the greaser can go hard and that may be your problem.

If it has gone hard, it can take some pressure to 'pump it through' and

clear it. Remove it and see if it is all clear. If there is hard grease in

it, careful use of a small drill turned by hand will remove it.

when we got the boat  last september the screw wasat the top it took a bit of presure to turn it then i have turned it until it went hard about one turn every time we have been out i think this connected to my ruuder as it has a copper tube from it . and my stern tube has a plastic tube going into it under the galley floor when i go to the boat tomorrow i will trace where this tube goes as it has took us a lot of years to get the right boat. this the first boat that we have owned thats got hydrolic drive and steering and im gratful for any info that i should know about