Gratuities?

Ray

9 minutes ago, grendel said:

to remove the italics either click the I in the reply box or CTRL I might do the job pressed ctrl I and got this pressed it again and back to normal

Will give this a try.   Will give this a try.  Will give this a try.   - Thanks grendel it works.

• Thanks 1

Back on the credit card tips thing for a moment, I know if you add a bit on card at the ferry house (surlingham) it gets taken out of the till as cash and put in the tip jar which then gets divided daily (maybe weekly) between all staff divided by the hours they did that day (or week), seems a very fair way to do it to me as you never say "heres a quid for the youngster in the sink" do you.

• Like 2

At a restaurant in the Broads I asked the waitress if I could add a tip on my card, she said, “If you do, I won’t get it”

Fairly outraged as this is fraud really. When we add a tip we expect it to go to the workers, not the profit of the restaurant. 

I always ask now if the tip gets passed on and tip in cash if it doesn’t. 

• Like 1

I don't tip for pump outs, if they give good service I remember and return.

When eating out if the bill turns up with the tip attached it comes back off, the choice is mine not a demand. If we want to leave something for the person looking after us we leave it on the table when the person returns to at least make sure it goes to that person.

On the trip boat if I was giving tips over the bar or the crew tipped as the party left it went in the jar for that trips crew and split at the end normally 5 of us. It was always a thanks and it's shared between the crew.

It's normal where we live to say to bar staff - one for yourself when paying for a round of drinks ...they take 20p pot it and share at the end of the shift , can't remember which broads pub but I did say - and one for yourself and the young lady behind the bar said ...oh thanks very much I will have a double brandy then .......I couldn't stop laughing,which she also couldn't understand - perhaps it's was just a northern thing 

finny

• Haha 1