Pubs On The River With Garden

Harvey

Just now, grendel said:

I hope that you have put your complaints to the pub first before complaining here.

No complaints from me G, I do know someone who won't ever go back though apparently :default_rofl:

We visited the Beauchamp last month and was impressed with the internal re-decoration etc.  Hope it does stay open.

Re dancing on the tables - I nearly got into bother a few months back, there was a rather large shall I say, lady dancing on a low coffee table in our local.  A passing remark from me 'Nice Legs' the lady smiled and said 'Do you think so'?  - 'Most definitely, other tables would have collapsed by now'    :default_coat:

Griff

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

We visited the Beauchamp last month and was impressed with the internal re-decoration etc.  Hope it does stay open.

Re dancing on the tables - I nearly got into bother a few months back, there was a rather large shall I say, lady dancing on a low coffee table in our local.  A passing remark from me 'Nice Legs' the lady smiled and said 'Do you think so'?  - 'Most definitely, other tables would have collapsed by now'    :default_coat:

Griff

Maybe when she started dancing the coffee table wasn't quite so low :default_smiley-angelic002:

6 hours ago, VetChugger said:

The Beauchamp Arms used to do a superb sunday carvery. One of the best I've had north and south including Yorkshire!

What's it like this year? Seems to have had a string of managers/landlords of varied abilities and standards over the years.

2 hours ago, Harvey said:

Thanks again for all your replies.

I think we have opted for the ferry at Surlingham. We are going Thursday and its forecast to rain! Typical!

Thanks for letting us know your plans, out of all the pubs this probably got the most thumbs-up :-) have a good time and 

please let us know how you get on! 

We had a lovely day despite the horrid weather!

I picked family up from their boat at Oulton Broad and we had a nice drive around the area. Beccles, Bungay, bit of shopping in Norwich then onto the Ferry at Surlingham where we had some really nice food.

The whole idea of the day out was to spend a few hours at a nice pub garden looking over the river but because of the rain we had to stay inside the pub which was a shame as the garden was ideal for what we wanted to do.

Lovely old pub though and one I will defiantly go back to when I'm up that way again, this time hopefully in the sun for that nice relaxing beer garden!

Thanks for all your suggestions, they were greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

Sounds like you had a great day with your family, despite the rain.

I'm glad you enjoyed the ferry, it's always worth a second visit, and a third, fourth....... :default_biggrin:

13 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

What rain? Just a shower or two at Oulton Broad!

It was raining all day when driving around and absolutely hammering it down when we got back to Oulton Broad.

The people in the next boat said it was heavy rain all day!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harvey said:

It was raining all day when driving around and absolutely hammering it down when we got back to Oulton Broad.

The people in the next boat said it was heavy rain all day!

Was out on an open boat all day and yes, I had a jacket to hand that I was glad of on occasions but I really don't recollect it as having rained hard all day! Perhaps the old grey matter is letting me down in my dotage, worrying!

• Like 1