Webcam

Starbrite

Copied from Facebook:

Barnes Brinkcraft

3 hrs · 

WEBBCAM UPDATE!

Unfortunately the webcam is still offline - our engineer was unable to reinstate the service at the weekend as we had hoped. To investigate further we need a 'cherry picker' to access the camera, for several reasons this will not happen until after the school holidays.

Updates, as they are available will be posted on our Facebook page.

Im not taking sides here but I think we were very lucky the Barnes cam didnt get turned off permenantly after the planning saga.

At the end of the day the yards dont have to provide these cameras and they do so free to viewers and the equipment must have been a significant cost aswel as having to hire in plant equipment to fix it when it goes wrong. 

• Like 3

Im not taking sides here but I think we were very lucky the Barnes cam didnt get turned off permenantly after the planning saga.
At the end of the day the yards dont have to provide these cameras and they do so free to viewers and the equipment must have been a significant cost aswel as having to hire in plant equipment to fix it when it goes wrong. 
I agree i used to watch norfolk live and a bit disappointed when they went off. Now I enjoy watching and thinking which boat I'll hire the next time I come down. To me it is a big thank you to Barnes for the service. And the service I received from Kerry when buying our boat was excellent.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 2

I think it is a two way plus for the web cams.     On one side we get a lot of enjoyment looking at them and on the other it has to attract more business in the long run,  so may be soon the web cam will be back.    Although saying that I cannot see for the life of me why Barnes has to wait until after the school holidays to fix it.     

4 hours ago, Hylander said:

I think it is a two way plus for the web cams.     On one side we get a lot of enjoyment looking at them and on the other it has to attract more business in the long run,  so may be soon the web cam will be back.    Although saying that I cannot see for the life of me why Barnes has to wait until after the school holidays to fix it.     

I suspect the amount of cars and people about during their peak season makes it difficult to get plant on site.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Stranger said:

basicly its not important to them  herbert woods yard camera has gone all together now so im guessing they dont think them important enough for people to look at as we like to

btw will be in chat laters    lol

With regard to HW web cam that is now missing.  I did wonder if someone who hired one of the holiday cottages that was in full view of the camera had made a complaint.    After all you dont really want to be sitting out in the garden and the whole world watching you, however, saying that the web cam could have been turned round slightly to avoid this.   So may be it will be back.  Good security for their boats I would think.

For me, the HW camera which faces the bridge would be better looking across or downstream. Because of the bridge height clearances, it is not often you get a boat going under, so many times there is very little movement in front of the bridge. Having said that, if you watch at 9am or 5pm you do see the day boats going out and returning back.

For me, the HW camera which faces the bridge would be better looking across or downstream. Because of the bridge height clearances, it is not often you get a boat going under, so many times there is very little movement in front of the bridge. Having said that, if you watch at 9am or 5pm you do see the day boats going out and returning back.
Sometimes there is a van parked right in front of the bridge. Free advert

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app