Jump to content
  • Announcements

    Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

    Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

    Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

  • If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

    Forum Shop

Timbo

Enough Is Enough Already!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, hazelgirl said:

That's Halloween stuff lol  

Ah... guess I should have ordered me a proper NBN calendar eh?  :default_biggrin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

Ah... guess I should have ordered me a proper NBN calendar eh?  :default_biggrin:

 

Not quite sure I follow you :default_icon_e_confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:

Not quite sure I follow you :default_icon_e_confused:

The halloween suggestion infered that I was using an inferior and therefore incorrect calendar rather than a proper superbly produced official NBN Calendar.

Seeings as I am charged with the forum calendar project I will use any means to bring our stunning product to the attention of the members :default_biggrin:

I hope you have ordered yours young lady?

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah ok lol and no I haven't but I will be ordering a couple as Christmas gifts

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/11/2018 at 11:38, MauriceMynah said:

That looks like a Rover 2000 and a Ford Corsair in the garden.

Brings back memories - my father bought a (new) Ford Corsair automatic in 1966 to take with us when we spent a year in Germany (Munich).  It got sold a few years later just before I got my driver's license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a Ford Corsair - until it rotted into a pile of rust. I resent the hours, nay days, I spent rubbing down, Zenoliting (is that a word), priming, sanding, spraying, polishing the blasted thing, only to have to do it all again in another area two weeks later. Pile of absolute s**t. In fact every Ford I ever had was a pile of s**t. Glad I saw sense and bought Volvos for 22 years. See what you've done now? Wound me into a right lather of nostalgia for the "good old days", when every weekend was spent in, under or round some wreck of a heap, that looked irresistable on the forecourt, only to become my worst nightmare a few short months later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CambridgeCabby said:

I had one of the first ever recycled , green cars .

It was the Ford Pubic , I believe it was assembled from a few old Corsairs.:default_coat:

 

 

Drove one of those once. Right hairy..... :default_coat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Henry Ford will be turning in his grave seeing them coming off the production line...

… "One black one, one white one. . . ."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/11/2018 at 22:28, Regulo said:

I had a Ford Corsair - until it rotted into a pile of rust. I resent the hours, nay days, I spent rubbing down, Zenoliting (is that a word), priming, sanding, spraying, polishing the blasted thing, only to have to do it all again in another area two weeks later. Pile of absolute s**t. In fact every Ford I ever had was a pile of s**t. Glad I saw sense and bought Volvos for 22 years. See what you've done now? Wound me into a right lather of nostalgia for the "good old days", when every weekend was spent in, under or round some wreck of a heap, that looked irresistable on the forecourt, only to become my worst nightmare a few short months later.

Speaking of old Fords and Rust which really do go together, I have had to funny experiences with the said rust, one was my own car  a Mark 1 Zephyr 6 While demonstrating to my passenger how a straight six pulled I accelerated and the bench seat we were sitting on fell backwards through the floor and we were both looking at the headlining well it's funny now anyway.

The next one again a zephyr six but a mark 2 convertible this time a friends car who came round our house on a lovely sunny day to show off his new purchase the power roof being down as it was such a lovely day and it certainly looked a lovely motor John, so I said show us how the electric roof works so he flicked the switch and nothing happens that's odd he said so tried again and I noticed a silver rod protruding at the front of the back wheel arch yes rust the hydraulic ram had nothing to push on so just kept going, Apparently that wasn't the only rust, it had more holes than a colander.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Henry Ford will be turning in his grave seeing them coming off the production line...

… "One black one, one white one. . . ."

And every one a s**t one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

I  had a Ford Anglia, it was a red one (Mine was the 1100 Super :)

Didn't do an 1100

Would have been a1200 Super

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be fair to Dagenham dustbins, Vauxhall victors were the worst,  steel was so thin they rusted in first year. John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a Zephyr 6 once - back in the 70's I loved it,  it was very fast away from a standstill, I personally loved the steering column gear change not everyone's cup of tea I know - and yes it did rust a  bit and  was inclined to be  bit skittish in the snow but nothing  a  bag of wet sand in the boot couldn't fix! I loved it's roominess you could chuck all the kids in together with the dog plenty of room for everyone and the hardwearing vinyl upholstery showed no signs of stress from all that either. Happy memories! 

 

Carole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, addicted said:

Had a Zephyr 6 once - back in the 70's I loved it,  it was very fast away from a standstill, I personally loved the steering column gear change not everyone's cup of tea I know - and yes it did rust a  bit and  was inclined to be  bit skittish in the snow but nothing  a  bag of wet sand in the boot couldn't fix! I loved it's roominess you could chuck all the kids in together with the dog plenty of room for everyone and the hardwearing vinyl upholstery showed no signs of stress from all that either. Happy memories! 

 

Carole

if you had the bench front seat, as well every time you went round a corner you had to cling onto the steering wheel or you'd end up sitting on the passenger..

Take out the spare wheel from in fornt of the engine and get in with the engine to do the servicing...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Would have been a1200 Super

to be pedantic 1197 123e engine, worked on dozens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • NBN Mobile App

    Want to use NBN when you're out and about?

    Get our mobile app for Android and iOS!

    Get it on Google Play

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.