Enough Is Enough Already!

Timbo

27 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:

Not quite sure I follow you :default_icon_e_confused:

The halloween suggestion infered that I was using an inferior and therefore incorrect calendar rather than a proper superbly produced official NBN Calendar.

Seeings as I am charged with the forum calendar project I will use any means to bring our stunning product to the attention of the members :default_biggrin:

I hope you have ordered yours young lady?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 16/11/2018 at 11:38, MauriceMynah said:

That looks like a Rover 2000 and a Ford Corsair in the garden.

Brings back memories - my father bought a (new) Ford Corsair automatic in 1966 to take with us when we spent a year in Germany (Munich).  It got sold a few years later just before I got my driver's license.

I had a Ford Corsair - until it rotted into a pile of rust. I resent the hours, nay days, I spent rubbing down, Zenoliting (is that a word), priming, sanding, spraying, polishing the blasted thing, only to have to do it all again in another area two weeks later. Pile of absolute s**t. In fact every Ford I ever had was a pile of s**t. Glad I saw sense and bought Volvos for 22 years. See what you've done now? Wound me into a right lather of nostalgia for the "good old days", when every weekend was spent in, under or round some wreck of a heap, that looked irresistable on the forecourt, only to become my worst nightmare a few short months later.

On 23/11/2018 at 22:28, Regulo said:

I had a Ford Corsair - until it rotted into a pile of rust. I resent the hours, nay days, I spent rubbing down, Zenoliting (is that a word), priming, sanding, spraying, polishing the blasted thing, only to have to do it all again in another area two weeks later. Pile of absolute s**t. In fact every Ford I ever had was a pile of s**t. Glad I saw sense and bought Volvos for 22 years. See what you've done now? Wound me into a right lather of nostalgia for the "good old days", when every weekend was spent in, under or round some wreck of a heap, that looked irresistable on the forecourt, only to become my worst nightmare a few short months later.

Speaking of old Fords and Rust which really do go together, I have had to funny experiences with the said rust, one was my own car  a Mark 1 Zephyr 6 While demonstrating to my passenger how a straight six pulled I accelerated and the bench seat we were sitting on fell backwards through the floor and we were both looking at the headlining well it's funny now anyway.

The next one again a zephyr six but a mark 2 convertible this time a friends car who came round our house on a lovely sunny day to show off his new purchase the power roof being down as it was such a lovely day and it certainly looked a lovely motor John, so I said show us how the electric roof works so he flicked the switch and nothing happens that's odd he said so tried again and I noticed a silver rod protruding at the front of the back wheel arch yes rust the hydraulic ram had nothing to push on so just kept going, Apparently that wasn't the only rust, it had more holes than a colander.

Had a Zephyr 6 once - back in the 70's I loved it,  it was very fast away from a standstill, I personally loved the steering column gear change not everyone's cup of tea I know - and yes it did rust a  bit and  was inclined to be  bit skittish in the snow but nothing  a  bag of wet sand in the boot couldn't fix! I loved it's roominess you could chuck all the kids in together with the dog plenty of room for everyone and the hardwearing vinyl upholstery showed no signs of stress from all that either. Happy memories! 

Carole

18 minutes ago, addicted said:

Had a Zephyr 6 once - back in the 70's I loved it,  it was very fast away from a standstill, I personally loved the steering column gear change not everyone's cup of tea I know - and yes it did rust a  bit and  was inclined to be  bit skittish in the snow but nothing  a  bag of wet sand in the boot couldn't fix! I loved it's roominess you could chuck all the kids in together with the dog plenty of room for everyone and the hardwearing vinyl upholstery showed no signs of stress from all that either. Happy memories! 

Carole

if you had the bench front seat, as well every time you went round a corner you had to cling onto the steering wheel or you'd end up sitting on the passenger..

Take out the spare wheel from in fornt of the engine and get in with the engine to do the servicing...

• Haha 1