Enough Is Enough Already!

Timbo

4 hours ago, chameleon said:

to be pedantic 1197 123e engine, worked on dozens

And most of them had tolerances you could drive a bus through.

Possibly some of the worst engines I have ever worked on.

How most of them actually ran is a miracle.

1st December, time to get your tree up, your house decorated and you can finally begin scoffing your advent chocolate.

Happy countdown to Christmas you miseries

:default_xmas2: :default_xmas3: :default_xmas2: :default_xmas4: :default_xmas2: :default_xmas5: :default_xmas2: :default_xmas6: :default_xmas2: 

2128662219_Screenshot_20181201-085235_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.69b12bfdf0413f0ff9583e061310fedb.jpg

:594c04f570582_default_happyparty:

19 minutes ago, Lulu said:

Thank you so much for the reminder. Pressies wrapped, cards done.  Now I can sit back and relax.  Im wondering if I can get away with not putting the decorations up .....

bah humbug 

I hope you have treated Aurora to a little something?

On 28/11/2018 at 18:10, FairTmiddlin said:

And most of them had tolerances you could drive a bus through.

Possibly some of the worst engines I have ever worked on.

How most of them actually ran is a miracle.

Nigel! :facepalm:

Are we talking about the same engines that developed into the watermota and are still powering thousands of Normans Birchwoods et al?

And we all know that large tolerances mean that parts don't rub together and therefore can't wear out :default_biggrin:

Shall I bring you something bench seat and column change to Beccles so you can renew what I suspect was a secret love affair with such a fine engine? 

3 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Oh babe don't show the kids the Darth Vader one :facepalm:

Right, the kids. You're still trying to go with that are you? Who was it having to be torn away from Star Wars Lego last night when the kids were in bed?

3 minutes ago, Gracie said:

The wine one could work though, I want one :default_biggrin:

You'll get what you are given :default_smiley-angelic002:

:default_xmas2:

51 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

I hope you have treated Aurora to a little something?

Aurora is looking beautiful enough already but she may have some pretty fairy lights installed......  She is getting on a bit and needs to be treated with dignity so will avoid Jay's delightful Christmas tree suggestions  lol

25 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Thats what I like to hear - the Season of Goodwill coming to the fore.     In this house tree up,  lights up , wreath out, etc, gift bought and wrapped and the dreaded Christmas cards to do this weekend.

:default_xmas3:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Right, the kids. You're still trying to go with that are you? Who was it having to be torn away from Star Wars Lego last night when the kids were in bed?

I was clearing it up :default_biggrin: The worst kind of pain is stepping barefoot on a piece of lego during a trip to the bathroom in the dead of night, it's enough to make a ruddy Nun swear

:default_xmas6:

Grace

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I was clearing it up :default_biggrin: The worst kind of pain is stepping barefoot on a piece of lego during a trip to the bathroom in the dead of night, it's enough to make a ruddy Nun swear

:default_xmas6:

Clearing it up for 3 hours? Ok babe :default_wink:

13 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

I shall be having Christmas on the boat again this year, so  I shall hang my baubles up on the boat on arrival.

That'll be awfully painful MM.

I'm on the boat most of December bar Christmas week, I have a tree and a few decorations (I need more) but I draw the line at hanging my baubles on the boat :default_ohmy:

Home now watching strictly. We had a good but packed day.As I said we called into St George's, had breakfast. I got a bottle of single malt.Marina brought things for Christmas. Them made our way to the boat.Put on covers and checked her over.All fine then  off to Woodfordes for lunch and more bits and bobs for Christmas. I thought the shop had moved into the pub in October, in only moved last week.Therefore stuff is all over the place.I got s bottle of pinot from Surlingham.We keep saying must visit the vineyard.If you like Whisky and have not tried St George's give it a go. It may be me but I think Woodfordes has changed perhaps not for the better.For a number of years I would get 10% off in the shop.Thats stopped now,the reason I was told because the law changed,they destroyed all details,she took my email address and said I should get emails again.She added don't hold your breath however.I hope things do improve,the food was okay, but have had better in the past.From there Wroxham, Potter then home.

Some pics.

20181201_183711.jpg