Vhf And Swearing

Coming back from our last trip on the broads, I kept my radio on to run it down.All of a sudden a woman was swearing with no real reason for doing so.This went on for a long time in the afternoon. At one time the coast guard reminded all concerned rightly that channel 16 is for distress and emergency only.I have never come across someone misusing a radio like this before.My guess someone stool or picked it up and thought it fun to swear for England. Has anyone come across something like this before.

6 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Coming back from our last trip on the broads, I kept my radio on to run it down.All of a sudden a woman was swearing with no real reason for doing so.This went on for a long time in the afternoon. At one time the coast guard reminded all concerned rightly that channel 16 is for distress and emergency only.I have never come across someone misusing a radio like this before.My guess someone stool or picked it up and thought it fun to swear for England. Has anyone come across something like this before.

Maudlin fishermen and platform staff at sea over Christmas and New Year sometimes become quite graphic in their conversations with their loved ones, seemingly unaware that the whole world & its dog, plus the Coast Guard, are party to their fantasies! For several years I did radio watches with the Coast Guard and I never ceased to be amazed at what lovesick fishermen had in mind for their return to land!

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Maudlin fishermen and platform staff at sea over Christmas and New Year sometimes become quite graphic in their conversations with their loved ones, seemingly unaware that the whole world & its dog, plus the Coast Guard, are party to their fantasies! For several years I did radio watches with the Coast Guard and I never ceased to be amazed at what lovesick fishermen had in mind for their return to land!

Are you sure that's not channel sexteen? :default_icon_redface:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3