Marina Quays

Cockatoo

Now thats interesting but achievable??? So the developers think that the "profit" on 8 houses is going to be enough to dredge and refurbish the moorings??

Sounds a bit fanciful to me - if anything is left off in the fullness of time, methinks the moorings may end up  being only for those 8 houses. Or indeed at all??

Or am I just being a cynic??

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, marshman said:

Now thats interesting but achievable??? So the developers think that the "profit" on 8 houses is going to be enough to dredge and refurbish the moorings??

Sounds a bit fanciful to me - if anything is left off in the fullness of time, methinks the moorings may end up  being only for those 8 houses. Or indeed at all??

The article does say Riverside homes with their own moorings so it would seem the moorings are for the houses only. 

I understand there are two proposals being submitted side by side but which should be seen as totally separate. One to restore the Marina Quays buildings and restore (some) visitor moorings and one to build eight new homes with private moorings elsewhere on the site. 

36 minutes ago, marshman said:

We are the new owners of marina quays,and the river front is going to be the first part of the project including moorings for Holliday boats and residential alike.

the dredging has already been done along the full length of the site,next is a big clean up new parking electric hook up,and renovating the old control building.

hoping to be open for business in the new year.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

We have been about for a while,we are EMS at Great Yarmouth 

we are hoping that you will all take advantage of the new site next year.

just to clear it up we are hoping for 12 residential moorings and the rest of the site will be for hire craft and private boats less 8 moorings for the houses 

• Like 7

The Old Control Tower sounds like a quasi pent house relative to the proposed development. Also the best berth for the CCTV to NSI standards which would be a good selling point along with a pitch for the municipal putting green curtilage to the end of the moorings if my memory serves me right. And it’s good luck!

I hope it all goes to plan, anything is better than how it is now. I find it a depressing stretch of the river looking at it as it is, but have memories stopping there with my parents on my first ever Broads holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network

• Like 2

Really hope you get your plans passed and you can go ahead with the development, it will be great to see Marina Quays in use again rather than its current dilapidated state. In my opinion it is a far more pleasant option for mooring at Gt. Yarmouth than the YS

Boycee

:default_icon_clap:

• Like 5

11 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

The Yacht station is great for those who want to go to Asda for provisions, but can be a bit noisey with road use.  For overnighting, i would much prefer the old Marina Quays site. 

Given the proximity of the park to Marina Quays, if it is open next year when we pass then we will definitely be stopping there instead of at the Yacht Station. Looks ideal for walking the dog.

• Like 1