Marina Quays

Cockatoo

1 hour ago, EastCoastIPA said:

Whilst I see the similarities, I think the following web page describes it far better than I could, especially the nuances of there being no legal right to a view, and it being possibly protected by a restrictive covenant, which I believe in the case you are referring too was the case, freely entered into by the developer of the site in Thorpe.

You are talking of a covenant from many years before, which restricted the use of the land to the mooring of boats. Which was exactly what it was being used for decades later, before the nimbys came along to complain about their view from their their new-build apartment. The covenant you mention was not granted for the same property development to which I refer.

If you want to have a sparring match about the history of Jenners Basin I suggest you do it on the thread "legal battle over Thorpe Island" which has not yet been closed off by the mods.  . . . . .At least not yet!

Meantime the fact remains that those living in new-build houses on the river bank adjacent to to a proposed housing development on the same ex - commercial land, cannot complain of a lack of view, or a "Berlin Wall". They live beside it, not behind it! 

If you really value the view across the Bure to the other bank, at that point, then beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

You are talking of a covenant from many years before, which restricted the use of the land to the mooring of boats. Which was exactly what it was being used for decades later, before the nimbys came along to complain about their view from their their new-build apartment. The covenant you mention was not granted for the same property development to which I refer.

If you want to have a sparring match about the history of Jenners Basin I suggest you do it on the thread "legal battle over Thorpe Island" which has not yet been closed off by the mods.  . . . . .At least not yet! 

My mistake, I thought you were referring to the development at Thorpe Hall, and you can calm down because I have no intention of having a sparring match with you on this thread, or any other thread! I might just point out though that it wasn't me who bought up the subject of Jenners first on this thread!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.edp24.co.uk//news/environment/public-meeting-called-over-marina-quays-housing-bid-in-yarmouth-1-5700423

I am surprised no-one has picked up on this in the last couple of days but it seems as though it is degenerating into another Jenners basin "thou shalt not" saga, with one or two of the principle players still on the cast list!

Don't think to be fair, Vaughan, that it is the BA that is making all the fuss!!! It seems to be primarily the local residents who somehow think that any development would spoil the area!! Or is it the residents you are referring too?

Quite what is it about that wonderful place called GY and the local residents, that they think it cannot be improved upon!!! If I was the applicant I would walk away and leave them to their fine borough!! 

• Like 1

I`ve not had time to go through all the details people have linked to this thread, BUT, as a boat owner on the Broads, i would welcome any improvement and facilities for all at Marina Quays. It`s long overdue for a major overhaul and refurb, and i for welcome anything that will benefit us boaters, providing it is in keeping with the locale of course.  When i came to the Broads (on Martham "Janet 1" in Summer 75), we moored there for the night, with boats mooring 3 abreast. Those were the days.

well there you go - and this year the water levels at the bridge were lower than last (nothing to do with the weather or course)

conclusive proof :default_biggrin: :default_gbxhmm:

(please note the sarcasm dripping profusely from the above statement, almost as fast as the water leaked into RT when she was first put in the water).

(please also note that the facts stated above are by no means proof of the reality (or the sanity of the poster))

• Like 1
  • Haha 3