Another Weekend On Broom Captain...

Markw

Hi all,

We will be having another long weekend on Broom Captain shortly - will be on the river from Friday 14th Sept to Monday 17th Sept.

Will post another holiday blog with pics again - but our plans are as follows;

Friday 14th - Brundall to Loddon - overnight Loddon staithe

Saturday 15th - Loddon to Beccles - overnight Beccles yacht station

Sunday 16th - Beccles to Rockland (via Oulton Broad) - overnight Rockland short dyke

Monday 17th - Rockland - Brundall

We will be flying our NBN burgee (not quite sure where to temporarily attach it to - but have cable ties on our boat list) so if you see us - give us a wave and if we are moored up - come and say hello - the bar is always open....

Weather not looking too bad either (at the moment) which will keep Jules happy - glass of champagne in hand whilst sunbathing in her bikini (also makes me a very happy man) :default_biggrin:

Mark

• Like 4

On 03/09/2018 at 11:04, Markw said:

Hi all,

We will be having another long weekend on Broom Captain shortly - will be on the river from Friday 14th Sept to Monday 17th Sept.

Will post another holiday blog with pics again - but our plans are as follows;

Friday 14th - Brundall to Loddon - overnight Loddon staithe

Saturday 15th - Loddon to Beccles - overnight Beccles yacht station

Sunday 16th - Beccles to Rockland (via Oulton Broad) - overnight Rockland short dyke

Monday 17th - Rockland - Brundall

We will be flying our NBN burgee (not quite sure where to temporarily attach it to - but have cable ties on our boat list) so if you see us - give us a wave and if we are moored up - come and say hello - the bar is always open....

Weather not looking too bad either (at the moment) which will keep Jules happy - glass of champagne in hand whilst sunbathing in her bikini (also makes me a very happy man) :default_biggrin:

Mark

Hi Mark.. 

Ive just got back yesterday after having Broom commodore for week.. Brooms are fab.. we booked for next year before we left... We are having a big explorer for week so looking forward to that.... I always fly my Burgee cable tied to the TV aerial on commy or captain they fit treat there... Have good holiday

9A15AE51-6051-4353-9651-7B7B867A9BB0.jpeg

• Like 1

On 03/09/2018 at 12:40, SwanR said:

The Broom Captains are still on my list of possible hires for next year. Will look forward to reading your tale. I have read stories that the weather is set for a BBQ Indian Summer all the way to Christmas!!

What an absolute load of crap, you know full well it`s going to be freezing with wind and rain from 17 - 24 November?, it`s the week WE will be on Lightning lol.  

Seriously though, have a great weekend, and when you go to Loddon for the Friday night, i recommend either the White Horse around the bend in Chedgrave, or and Indian in the Raj, followed by a hearty breakfast on Saturday morning in Rosie Lee`s (please say a big hello to Caroline from Neil and Karen).  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Hi Mark.. 

Ive just got back yesterday after having Broom commodore for week.. Brooms are fab.. we booked for next year before we left... We are having a big explorer for week so looking forward to that.... I always fly my Burgee cable tied to the TV aerial on commy or captain they fit treat there... Have good holiday

9A15AE51-6051-4353-9651-7B7B867A9BB0.jpeg

Thanks Scrumpy - we have hired from Brooms 3 times previously - always on a Broom Captain (was out early March this year - but had only just ordered the burgee and was too late to take with us).  We are actually out a week later this September - we were out September last year as well and think we may have passed you on your last day when we were heading upto The Waters Edge on the Friday afternoon.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, snunn said:

Hi Mark

we are on broom captain week after you can you please give me some answers

is there a non stick frying pan  and are there wine glasses 

thanks Susan

Hi Susan,

Yes to both - we have hired a Broom Captain 3 times previously and they are quite well stocked with utensils / cutlery / table & glassware - we still bring some odd bits & pieces with us (chopping board / couple of sharp knives  etc) - if you have a look in the Hire Boat discussion thread - i did take some pics of the interior of the boat as best i could when we picked her up in March. 

If you have any specific questions - let me know & i will have a look once we are onboard this weekend (rather than trying to rely on an a very reducing memory).

Mark

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

What an absolute load of crap, you know full well it`s going to be freezing with wind and rain from 17 - 24 November?, it`s the week WE will be on Lightning lol.  

Seriously though, have a great weekend, and when you go to Loddon for the Friday night, i recommend either the White Horse around the bend in Chedgrave, or and Indian in the Raj, followed by a hearty breakfast on Saturday morning in Rosie Lee`s (please say a big hello to Caroline from Neil and Karen).  

Already booked The White Horse for Friday night dinner - and tend to breakfast whilst underway on Saturday morning..... but we will try Rosie Lee's at some point as we have not heard (or seen) a bad word whenever anyone comments here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snunn said:

Hi Mark

we are on broom captain week after you can you please give me some answers

is there a non stick frying pan  and are there wine glasses 

thanks Susan

Hi Susan  

All the boats are fully equipped with frying pan plates cups glasses mugs cutlery cork screw bottle opener hair dryer... dish cloths tea towels... I always ask for dust pan and brush.. they go and get one for you... Danny and Shawn will sort you and Jackie and Hannah to... you even get a bottle of wine and few tea bags and uht milk.... For some reason I don’t know why the fridges have been turned right down so there not cold... I think it might where they have cleaned and defrost them... oh there’s an ice cube tray to... And there’s soap and shower gel shampoo in the the shower in small little bottles with the broom logo what’s a nice touch...

Oh and big thing to check before you leave is to make sure you have the outside pop on windscreen and side door cover blind... that should be in the locker under the floor at the back of the boat with the electric hook up lead...

If there’s anything else you need to know just ask us Susan... There lovely boats and friendly boat yard 

Shall we start a Broom Captain Section?       We are on a Captain in October and really looking forward to it.   We have also booked for next May.      I booked with Hoseasons but I am given to understand that you can now book direct with the yard,  is that true?  Like others I take a sharp knife and sharpener (thank you Geoffrey) .   One thing to remember is there is not a 12v cigar type fitting for your charging it is a USB.    By the way that is hidden beside the helm facing the window from what I recall.    Took us hours to find it.    The person taking us round was new and really didnt know where it was or whether such a thing existed.   Dont get too excited about the bottle of wine,  we got a picnic bottle of red and white ,  I bought those home.       Brooms do a wonderful job and that is why they are so popular.     I must remember to turn the fridge right up as I need to keep frozen food - uh!! - frozen.

Loads of storage space.     

6 hours ago, Markw said:

Thanks Scrumpy - we have hired from Brooms 3 times previously - always on a Broom Captain (was out early March this year - but had only just ordered the burgee and was too late to take with us).  We are actually out a week later this September - we were out September last year as well and think we may have passed you on your last day when we were heading upto The Waters Edge on the Friday afternoon.

Yes that would of been me Mark... was either heading or at The ferry house in surlingham.... Best pub on the broads in my eyes and belly he he he....

3 hours ago, Hylander said:

Shall we start a Broom Captain Section?       We are on a Captain in October and really looking forward to it.   We have also booked for next May.      I booked with Hoseasons but I am given to understand that you can now book direct with the yard,  is that true?  Like others I take a sharp knife and sharpener (thank you Geoffrey) .   One thing to remember is there is not a 12v cigar type fitting for your charging it is a USB.    By the way that is hidden beside the helm facing the window from what I recall.    Took us hours to find it.    The person taking us round was new and really didnt know where it was or whether such a thing existed.   Dont get too excited about the bottle of wine,  we got a picnic bottle of red and white ,  I bought those home.       Brooms do a wonderful job and that is why they are so popular.     I must remember to turn the fridge right up as I need to keep frozen food - uh!! - frozen.

Loads of storage space.     

Its no miniatures this year with the wine... it’s a big bottle.... and also with an added bonus if you send them pics of your holiday on the broom holiday facebook page there have another bottle waiting for you to go home with...he he he he...  

Sorry Mark we’ve hijacked your page here.... 

24 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Its no miniatures this year with the wine... it’s a big bottle.... and also with an added bonus if you send them pics of your holiday on the broom holiday facebook page there have another bottle waiting for you to go home with...he he he he...  

Sorry Mark we’ve hijacked your page here.... 

lol....  not a problem.... was not aware of the Broom FB page - will have to have a look....

Thanks guys all great info looking forward to the trip not been on southern broads for almost 20 years and then it was just a straight trip north.

Boat looks great and we cannot wait to get going and explore staying south the whole week.

may even try to do a blog although never done one before

Susan

• Like 4

4 hours ago, snunn said:

Thanks guys all great info looking forward to the trip not been on southern broads for almost 20 years and then it was just a straight trip north.

Boat looks great and we cannot wait to get going and explore staying south the whole week.

may even try to do a blog although never done one before

Susan

Your love it And enjoy it Susan.... If you have a look I’ve done a couple of blogs on here and there all based on the southern Broads... I give away my secrets... :default_coat:

• 4 weeks later...

Just seen these comments on Broom boats, yes, they are brilliant boats very luxurios and very well equipped, my wife and i have hired DELIA, CAVEL, FRY and HORATIO they were fairly new with only a few engine hours but that was many years ago.

We did have a go at hiring from Faircraft Loynes for a week and were hit many times by other boats, this did not happen with the broom boats as people thought they were privately owned...............i wish

We certainly learnt a lot about boat handling, we now have our own  yacht on the south coast, but would like to hire from broom again someday the trouble is the cost to hire for a week is our marina fees for a year.

We do enjoy reading about peoples adventures on nbn, the broads are a wonderful place to be.

• Like 1