• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• calender payment

Calendar Paymene

Delivery Options
    Your NBN Forum Username:

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

DAVIDH

Fair Marquess - Under Starters Orders For 2019

And there was me thinking that Funnels new boats were the ugliest (IMHO) , not a pleasing design at all 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

They just keep getting uglier.....   Just my opinion of course, but that makes it right. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I absolutely love that. It is very similar in a number of ways to the Ferry Marina fleet. I would definitely consider booking it if I could find the pennies next year.

• Like 1

Thanks David. Not the prettiest boat ever but I'm sure it would be lovely. At over £1800 for two people for a week in peak season it had better be good. 

I've no doubt it is fantastic inside and for that reason it will be popular.

I've said it before, couples with spare money want spacious luxury afloat and will pay for it.

'tis ugly though, looks like a shoe box.

• Sad 1

As much as I love the broads,can't help thinking pricing like this and other boats.They may price themselves out of the market.For those prices you can have a good holiday in Europe or even the states.One reason we brought our boat was cost.Not including the price of the boat,running costs each year is about two and a half to three thousand pounds. For that we can use the boat when ever we want

That is one horrible looking effort! I would love to know what Langford Sr would make of that!

• Like 2

And there was me thinking that Funnels new boats were the ugliest (IMHO) , not a pleasing design at all 
That is one of the Funnell boats.... And after Haines have tried to make it a bit less ugly.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Im sure its amazing on the inside, but the outside............ not pretty at all 

Oldgregg is correct - it is a version of Silent Emblem

Fair Marquess.jpg

Silent Emblem.jpg

I appreciate that internally they are fantastically well fitted and finished with all the mod cons the modern hirers seem to demand but surely it is possible to achieve this and still retain a modicum of a traditional boat shape.

However I suppose the same comments were made when what we now refer to as bath tubs first appeared and they now have an almost iconic position , only time will tell .

We hired Spitfire when she was only a week old , the first of the new state of the art “triple deckers”, I look at that design now and to me it looks dated and hasn’t aged well.

Richardsons newer offerings have all the mod cons , are able to pass most if not all of the Broads bridges and still look like boats and imho I believe they will be the classics of the future , much like the much loved Connoisseur boats have become .

• Like 1

I've always assumed the styling was based on one of these..

$_86.JPG

• Haha 11

maximum load capacity that fits under the bridge.

i used to think that an old lifeboat hull was stylish and boat like - but on reflection it wasn't!!

People want their hire boats to look like floating flats and have loads of room and island beds and an en suite for everyone, and drench showers, and household toilets - they are the boats which let the best!

So whats that telling you?? That they want old fashioned looking boats with less room and less mod cons? I don't think so ......!!!!

Sadly I think you're right Marshman, such is the way these days. Look at the Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary Elegant vessels, now look at a modern cruise liner...Yuk! I've seen prettier container ships.

BUT, That's what the punters want.

• Like 1

Out of step completely. I rather like it's stubby look. As with all designs only time will tell. I wonder if people greeted the Windboat post-war classics with the same disdain. Remember thinking in the late 60s that 'Ultima' from the Neatishead B.Y. was the bees knees but today............what the heck did I see in it? 

Fred

It's just plain ugly. I would not want it even if the inside is like a Palace.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 2

you could have just as a good  time on one of Rico's bathtubs - and with the money saved its overpriced bangers and mash around :default_biggrin:

finny

It looks like the front half should break away and speed off leaving the back section behind like a small version of the boat in 'Thunderball'. The boat in 'Thunderball' had better lines IMHO.

There is no reason that luxury fit outs couldn't be done to any boat including bathtubs.

Colin:default_beerchug:

You can indeed fit out a bathtub to a luxury level but it will never give the "appearance" of being roomy.

The same applies to cars - ever wonder what the appeal of SUV's is - increase the headroom and they appear more roomy - methinks its a similar perception when applied to boats.

That is one fugly boat no matter how good below decks (imho of course)

Griff

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

That is one fugly boat no matter how good below decks (imho of course)

Griff

Agreed...... although we do like / appreciate modern day luxuries when we are on the river - still want the boat to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye.... 

• Like 2

Come on Griff - I doubt you could even sleep on anything other than a brown job!!!

• Haha 1