Fair Marquess - Under Starters Orders For 2019

DAVIDH

• 1 year later...

The interior is impressive, actually. Mrs OG was very keen on the look of the bedroom and shower room on Zircon Emblem (essentially the same but a Haines fitout).

I reckon Zircon will be a nicer boat, though NBD are not half bad.

I did point out that it was 2.5 times the price of Major Gem for a long weekend, though, and suddenly Major Gem is back in favour for some reason?

• Like 1

We had Zircon last year. Beware there is a very deep step in through the rear door. And the table in the sitting area gets in the way a bit. Ferry Marina apparently didn’t do the fit out on this one according to an engineer we were talking to. But they have another very similar boat without the table there. 

Lovely boat but I would take Fair Marquess if I was going again and wanting that style of boat. 

• Like 1

The throttle cable snapped while we were on board, I think that’s what it was. Couldn’t switch from the upper helm back to the lower one and then couldn’t engage gear at all. The yard were great but they had quite a job to pull the boat apart to fit the new cable, which is when they remarked that they hadn’t done the fit out. 

I had hoped that boat was the first of many to be built by Haines for Ferry but sadly it wasn't to be.

Since the demise of the likes of Brister Craft (who built boats for many yards), there's sadly not really been many yards doing hire-spec fitouts for others which unfortunately means that some yards which don't really have the talent are trying to do things themselves and the results are rarely awesome.

There's always Silverline, though. They build tons of stuff (usually it doesn't have their name on it) for others.

• Like 1