You Got To Be In To Win It.

Chelsea14Ian

Hmmm, shopping list... 150 million to spend.

Barton to Hickling canal (or Potter bridge bypass with swing bridge next to the fish & Chip shop).

Restore Coltishall lock and re-instate the navigation to where-ever it went before.

Restore Gelderston Lock and as above

Restore Dilham &North Walsham canal and restore nav rights.

Buy dredge and re-open Hoveton Great broad.

Buy Hoveton little broad and dynamite the gates.

Buy Regulo a drink.

Doubt there'll be a lot left after that lot as Ray probably likes expensive drinks.

• Haha 3

A few years back id have gone for the massive house, flashy cars etc but now as i approach my half century id just buy a waterside property in Norfolk with a wet shed for a woodie. Id need Janet Anne and Brundall Navy to assist with the maintenance of the woodie , but that would be cheap as they would just want paying in ice cream and cake.  :default_biggrin:

Id restore all the other woodies that are laying about in desparate need of restoration.  Id also want a connoisseur as they hold very special family holiday memories for me.   Think I'd have to buy a boatyard for all the restored woodies .......  oh and the little Acle Bridge shop because I loved going in there as a kid to buy sweets.  

• Like 2

MM - I think you estimated budget for all projects is a tad understated - I see from another publication the cost or restoring and reopening just 4 miles of the Cotswold Canal is being budgeted at a mere £24m and just one swing bridge, according to Network Rail, is budgeted at around £40m!!!!

Marshman, may I remind you of a previous post...

7 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

I do the Euro Lottery, sometimes that jackpot goes over 150 million. and no, winning that much wouldn't change me, somehow I'd still manage to live beyond my means. :)

A road swing bridge like the one at Winkwell on the Grand Union would be a bit cheaper.

150,000,000 euro's... I haven't got a clue what I'd do with one million. I don't do the lottery anyway, so it's not a 'problem' that I'll ever have to face. I'm quite happy being a pauper anyway... :6_smile: