• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

johnb

Has Anyone Seen Or Know?

The gentleman (born the day war broke out I believe) who brought his boat and dog to the Broads every year? He had a regular pattern of travel previously but last year he seemed to spend most of the time at Stalham. I don't recall seeing his this year. He was a friendly chap and always good for a chat. 

I thought that I saw his boat early in the year moored on the staithe in front of the cottage but on the opposite bank, but I don't recall seeing him. I believe he wintered with his sister in the Kings Lynn area.

Just now, Chelsea14Ian said:

DID he have a small boat and had a beard?If so did not see him this year.

Yes I think you have got the gentleman, I am thinking of anyway.

Probably thinking of the same man I know he was around last year but I don't think I saw him this year. We spend a fair bit of time in the area. Last year I think he had some trouble with his outboard, but although he said it was fixed he didn't seem to move much. 

Now you mention it... chap with the greyhound ? Not seen him either this year. Very polite, quietly spoken. Ex RAF like me !

He donated a picture of a wherry to the MOB and came in every so often for a mardle but like the rest of you I have not seen him either. I will try to remember to enquire of other volunteers.

In the event of any of you going into the Sutton staithe Hotel, and meeting up with a man called Bernie, he will know what's going on. If I am thinking of the right man, he's a friend of Bernie's

I have spoken to this really lovely gentleman on several occasions. I really do hope he is ok, he just loved being out all Summer on his little boat. He and his dog always stayed in the Barton Broad area mooring at the various staiths in that vicinity.

Thank you for the info. Owing to my broken ankle my wife has banned me from visiting the boat/norfolk until the spring, therefore if anyone gets any information I would be grateful to hear it.