Next Best Image To That Of A Sailing Boat?

JennyMorgan

Those of us lucky enough to live by the Broads don't just go fishing, sailing and giving out boats suitable TLC, we also go to steam rallies at such as Strumpshore and Henham Country Park, just up the A12 from Oulton Broad. Henham is always mid September, last weekend this year. We do relent our boats occasionally! Norfolk, by the way, has been the birthplace to many a fine 'steamer'. 

P9152636 (1).JPG

P9152627 (1).JPG

• Like 8

There is a Steam Boat Association of Great Britain. A sub-contractor of the company I worked for had a magnificent Edwardian Steam Launch which he kept near Sonning. He told me that the biggest drawback was his insurance insisting on regular boiler strip down and inspection that was very expensive.

How Steam fits into BSS? Does anyone know?

10 hours ago, brundallNavy said:

It’s also the Skyton Trosh that weekend, if the weather is nice I might pop down and have a look.   I did go to Strumpshaw this year and was a bit disappointed to see only a handful of steam engines.

Strumpshaw used to be one of the big ones. Henham always attracts 20 to 30 engines plus numerous vintage vehicles, well worth a trip.