Eel In Thruster

Jbx5

Smoked eel is my favorite way like the Dutch or fried in garlic and butter with artichokes like the French. However a pot of jellied with white pepper and a little malt vinegar and bread and butter is very tasty.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

I have to say that "Eel in the thruster" sounds like a best seller in the gay erotic section of Waterstones.

I logged in, just to put the 'HaHa' emoji thingy on that post... :6_smile:

1 minute ago, Baitrunner said:

How big was that eel?:default_arms:

It wasn't huge, but we think it had gone into the strenthruster tunnel when it was in use and the resistance on that hydraulic motor had caused the engine to stall.

Whether it was the prop or the thruster, there we two halves of a pike floating in the dyke afterwards...

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 16:55, ChrisB said:

Smoked eel is my favorite way like the Dutch or fried in garlic and butter with artichokes like the French. However a pot of jellied with white pepper and a little malt vinegar and bread and butter is very tasty.

ChrisB, you are a man after my own heart.

Wot! How cannot anybody like a nice plate of jellied eels?

Whichever way I will relish them. By the way ChrisB,  smoked eel is a real delicacy, I love 'em whichever way they are served.

Mouth watering now, lucky I have bought some mussels this afternoon at the local market to turn into moule mariniere. Lovely with some nice seedy wholemeal bread.

• Like 1