Special Addition Of Broad Sheet

1 hour ago, grendel said:

the reverse is also true, that when  a thread is filled with over the top praise of the BA, then several people are also in the habit of trying to balance the sugar coating - so yes a balance is there

Genuinely, point me at an example of “over the top praise”

It must exist, go on. 

15 minutes ago, kingfisher666 said:

After a few years of membership and reading this Forum and a few months of posting. Whenever I see any post regarding the Broads Authority or Dr. Packman, or even, dare I say it, the words National Park, It all turns to 'white noise'... It's there, it's annoyingly repetetive, is neither entertaining nor informative, it just is... Unfortunately. :30_no_mouth:

If you feel this way why get involved other than if seeking to devalue it? 

14 minutes ago, batrabill said:

Genuinely, point me at an example of “over the top praise”

It must exist, go on. 

I am never going to give praise to any organisation for doing its job but I will scrutinise if I think its necessary.

The BA are not there to be praised but to do a job.....

54 minutes ago, dnks34 said:

The thing that continually sticks in my throat is the all to familiar tactics JP employs to achieve his own ends. 

He must be aware of the level of scrutiny he is under and any sensible person surely would seek not to fuel the fire.  

Im not anti BA but I personally do not trust JP nor do I particularly want a man at the helm who clearly thinks the Norfolk & Suffolk Broads are his to toy with as he wishes.

Very fair comment, and so onto other topics in the latest edition of The Broad Sheet. Page one and both headline topics have received comment so onto page two.

Grand for a Grand idea, seemingly a grand idea in itself!

Broads Engage Workshop, the replacement for the unlamented Broads Forum. One difference between the two being that groups now apply to join rather than being invited to join, e.g. the chosen, helpful few.  However, it is not a committee, it is a workshop, and topics are chosen by guess who at the Authority. No one is elected, whether it will be managed by a chairman or a facilitator remains to be seen. I suspect that the Broads Engage Workshop is in response to the recent Broads Review. I rather fear that it will be tightly controlled however a brave move by JP. In principle this appears to be a good idea, but will the people of Broadland be listened to this time?

The Swing Bridge Workshop. Not sure what else the Authority could have done at this point and am content to support the action taken so far.  I'm not sure how far the Authority can push without the risk that Network Rail will call for a review/change to the Railways Act that will allow them to fix the swinging bridges.

The carbon monoxide consultation, surely not unexpected. Provided that the Authority remembers the peculiarities of indigenous Broads boats then, once again, am content with this one too.

Broads Briefing, recommended reading! 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dnks34 said:

He must be aware of the level of scrutiny he is under and any sensible person surely would seek not to fuel the fire.  

I have no doubt whatsoever that he is aware, hence my thought that he attempting to downplay the costs associated with what might yet prove to be a non runner.